Discuss EV Scam today 03/02/2024 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mike Johnson

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I wondered how long it would take, received this in my e-mail this morning, funny I don't have an electric car?

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL - Please do not reply, as emails from this address cannot be replied to.

Thank you for using DVLA online services

We want to inform you that your vehicle tax payment has a 30GBP shortfall, as we cannot automatically deduct funds from your credit card.
We hope to be paid soon.

Please take all of the above actions to avoid enforcement action being taken.

Check file PDF / DOCX to view invoice tax

Note : For device IOS check File FDF

For device ANDROID check File DOCX

It is illegal to drive your vehicle until you have taxed it.

If you do nothing
You will be fined 80GBP if you do not tax your vehicle or notify the DVLA that it is off the road.

You also have to pay for the time it is not taxed.
If you do not pay the fine on time, your vehicle could be crushed or destroyed,
or your details are passed to a debt collection agency.

Unfortunately there are people who will fall for this and pay.
BTW, where does it mention electric vehicle?

Ugh scams. The easiest way to check is to go into the email address and it's usually a gobbledygook one. I just don't open them or any scams. Smart meters and insulation and new boilers i get them about too.

Hmm just had another notification telling my my car is not taxed, even had my registration details, this is just after I checked on the DVLA web site, someone is monitoring either their or my internet.

Hmm just had another notification telling my my car is not taxed, even had my registration details, this is just after I checked on the DVLA web site, someone is monitoring either their or my internet.
Most likely a virus or other unwanted program on your computer or device.
Do Not log on to any banking or shopping websites as there may well be a key logger or similar passing details back to an unknown person.

I never open anything I don't recognise, but take your point, could be worse, but it is a MacBook so will just keep deleting those unsolicited mails.

Reply to EV Scam today 03/02/2024 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net