Discuss Evening lads in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Yplan

-
Reaction score
Hi lads,

Been lurking for a while mainly perusing the business threads as I'm looking to start out on my own next year, sick of working away and want to spend more time with the wife and kids.

Anyway I've worked for a few different companies over my 15 years in this game doing different types of work mainly commercial and industrial.

Anyway thanks for reading

Yplan

Welcome along Mate, enjoy

Welcome to the forum, I like your optimism about going self employed to spend more time with the family, I would think it will be the opposite.

@GMES lol I hope I get to spend some more time with them anyway,

I'm still doubting myself and thinking will i absolutely hate it but at the same time I'm friends with a self employed plumber who works from 8 till 3 ish pretty much everyday, he always says to me you can work as much as you want really it's upto you,

On the other hand my friend is a self employed plasterer and works 7 days a week and is more stressed out than ever cos he says he doesn't want to turn work away.

So at the minute I don't know which kinda man im going to be.

Nervous about the whole thing.

@Paignton pete thanks for your reply pal,

My friends tell me to expect a few years of being skint which I can cope with growing up on a council estate! Lol but if your name gets out there in a good way it will be worth it! So I'm thinking about that more than anything.

It's a hard one cos the guy I work for now is fantastic and really looks after me but it's so much working away.

The problem with turning work down is you're always apprehensive because you never know if it's going to dry up.
It's a fine balancing act but worth it if you can build a good future for the family.
Life's too short to have regrets so go and have a bash.

Just go with the flow.
Building a client base is what matters in the first few years.
Phone ringing all hours, doing quotes etc take time you may not of seen prior to starting on your own but you can do that at home with the family.
Also being self employed you get the bonus of claiming some of those house hold bills back as running cost etc etc
I choose to work everyday but have no problem telling clients they have to wait. If they can not wait then there are more tradesmen out there.

Don't know who that is mate sorry.
Keep posting you’ll get to meet him,he will make you laugh!
My favourite post involved tampax and oracle ha ha ha still makes me laugh!

Last edited:

Reply to Evening lads in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock