Discuss EXOR intelligent lighting Box in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
This might be daft but i am currently doing remedial work on a commercial site and there are lights being served from a EXOR lighting box. Undertaking a continuity R1 and R2 at the incoming on the box i have continuity but at the light fittings nothing, i have changed the plug and the flex still nothing. My gaffer instructed me to change the box still the same. Has anyone had similar finds with these lighting boxes or am i missing a trick.

Which EX-OR box? you would need the detector plugged in or the live and switched wire terminals shorted out.

You won't be able to as the unit needs to have a permanent live to make the relays work. It might work if you link out in one of the luminaire plugs between emergency live and switched live. if not R1+R2 to the LCM and then the plug to the luminaire and add together. You could check this by comparing R2+Rn should be the same anothe could be a R2 test and loop.

As Ant says you are losing it through the controller. This needs taking out of the equation.
Yeah I took the lighting flex out of the controller today and joined it to the incoming singles hey presto continuity. But surely there is a earth path from the lighting fitting through controller in normal operation.

Yeah I took the lighting flex out of the controller today and joined it to the incoming singles hey presto continuity. But surely there is a earth path from the lighting fitting through controller in normal operation.
The path of the cpc should not be interrupted by the controller.

You won't be able to as the unit needs to have a permanent live to make the relays work. It might work if you link out in one of the luminaire plugs between emergency live and switched live. if not R1+R2 to the LCM and then the plug to the luminaire and add together. You could check this by comparing R2+Rn should be the same anothe could be a R2 test and loop.
On it tomz mate. Thanks for everyone's help on this.

Yeah I took the lighting flex out of the controller today and joined it to the incoming singles hey presto continuity. But surely there is an earth path from the lighting fitting through the controller in normal operation.
Yes, and neutral. On standard LCM's you can just link out the PIR/M. wave etc,but as this is a digital LCM and the detectors are on cat 5 RG45 plugs this is not possible you have to bypass the live switching of the LCM.

Reply to EXOR intelligent lighting Box in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock