Discuss Fault with bar lights? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eddyg2007

I was working in a pub where the bar lights were not working........ the circuit breaker was tripped so i turned it back on and i was getting power to the other lights as they were working but the lights above the bar were still off, so i went up to the ceiling to look further into this fault. I managed to trace the cable to where it was coming from which was up through a joist. I am not getting power to the transformers as it is 12v downlighters. any1 any ideas as where to go from here? thanks

if theres no power to and not from the transformer then the problem lies either from the last light working or from the last light to the j/b-j/b to transformer

Reply to Fault with bar lights? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

My kitchen has track lighting. It consists of three halogen light bulbs. I've had the fixture for more than 25 years with no issues. Last night...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm not sure if I'm over thinking this, but I can't seem to find the answer to what I believe should be a simple question. I picked up...
Replies
Views
I have halogen lights in my kitchen under the wall units, there are ten lights altogether bulbs are either 10 watt or 20 watt G4 bulbs ( not sure...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock