Currently reading:
First job - light hearted reminder of the past.

Discuss First job - light hearted reminder of the past. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Squid

Not sure if this is in the right section or has been covered before but you first job on your journey to becoming a Sparks.

Mine was when I was indentured with EIL turning up at Whitelys Department store in Queensway to start my apprenticeship I was on a laughable .89p per hour and working with an approved electrician called Ron who would always on the Wednesday blag a £1 me as he liked to bet on the dogs at the bookies.

As it was a department store it played rubbish music done by Telstar and we'd cut the cables as it was soul destroying.

The not so fun part was being tied up in the basement with my nuts covered in swarfega.

Your story?

after finishing the apprenticeship, they put me in the contracts office. trying to match the performance of gennys to lister diesels with unachievable efficiencies specced by lister, sat on my arse all day, 20 smokes per day,calculating, filling out graphs, 4 pints in the local at dinner time.not my scene. went elsewhere as fast as my feet could run.

You found a better pub?

;o)))))

Comm sticks seem to be hard to find now, everything's so cheap & throwaway especially on the smaller stuff that people replace rather than repair.

Been down the appliance repair & power tool repair routes but they seem to have fallen victim to the throwaway culture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to First job - light hearted reminder of the past. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock