Discuss first timer in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

roboloro

i'm a lift engineer by trade and qualified as an electrician 3 years ago and have decided to do some private work, my first job is on a building site and its to run power from a neighbours consumer unit to one in a portacabin using swa and in not quite sure what size cable and couplings to use:confused:,it will be buried underground and my run is approx 23 metres does anyone have any suggestions

you need to calculate what load the cable will need to be able to handle what size fuse is backing up this installation?, how is the cabin going to be wired, you also need to take into consideration volt drop and earthing

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to first timer in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a client with a small caravan site, approx 5 hookups. His old toilet block was nothing much more than an old shed. He's now 'upgraded'...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
I have had a kitchen extesion built on an old property (c.1810), which has an unusual consumer unit situation. Part of the property has only a...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock