Discuss Fixing Of Tampered Meter in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Haha good luck with that
I need help Chris ... or where do you report ... Tampering was done out of curiosity not knowing that the relay with permanently switch of the power... I have went on in different blocks seeking for help would no luck.. i will pay because my intention was not to steal electricity...it was the matter of learning the meter operations as i am still a student.

@Marvo
Is the only one I know is over your way.
Well the right country at least.

When you can tell that you have dug yourself into a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.
You may well have to own up to your behaviour, either that or blame it on the mice or the fairies

Is it a meter or a pre-paid energy dispenser? Can you post a picture? When you say you 'tampered' with it....what exactly did you do? Did you cut the seal? Also exactly how did you bypass it?

You know you've been very naughty right?

What area are you in? Don't worry, I'm not working for the FBI I'm wondering if you're supplied by Eskom direct of whether you're supplied by a City council.

@Marvo
Is the only one I know is over your way.
Well the right country at least.

When you can tell that you have dug yourself into a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.
You may well have to own up to your behaviour, either that or blame it on the mice or the fairies
Noted... I am owning to the blame and hence I am seeking help to get it fixed... Or which procedures do one follow to fix tampered meter..

Is it a meter or a pre-paid energy dispenser? Can you post a picture? When you say you 'tampered' with it....what exactly did you do? Did you cut the seal? Also exactly how did you bypass it?

You know you've been very naughty right?

What area are you in? Don't worry, I'm not working for the FBI I'm wondering if you're supplied by Eskom direct of whether you're supplied by a City council.
Cashpower meter prepaid meter... Supply authority is own area is the council... City power

If it were me I'd remove the meter bypass immediately which is obviously theft/fraud, even if it means you're living without power and to be honest, if I were you I'd go speak to someone and get legal advice.

Between the meter tampering and then the act of bypassing there's a good chance City Power could open a case of fraud. They're also well within their rights to remove the electrical supply from the premises entirely, at least until any legal action is resolved.

Hypothetically speaking, if however it was just a case of the meter having gone into tamper mode.....maybe during a period when you were staying elsewhere and upon your return you reported it immediately..... I'm damn sure they won't be happy and probably suspicious but if there's no obvious evidence or previous history of fraud there's a chance they might come and reprogram it to wipe the tamper code.

The only personal experience I have is many years ago we moved out of our house during some building work. One of the contractors managed to hit the energy dispenser with a scaffold plank and broke the hinges on the cover. It went into tamper mode and the power went off. I phoned Eskom and informed them it had been damaged and same day they just came out and replaced it. If I remember rightly I don't think they even charged us and they even put units on the new one to credit me for the prepaid power that was on the broken one.

Noted... I am owning to the blame and hence I am seeking help to get it fixed... Or which procedures do one follow to fix tampered meter..
As far as I know there's no procedure for tampered meters as such, you would call their fault report number and report that your meter is in tamper mode.

If it were me I'd remove the meter bypass immediately which is obviously theft/fraud, even if it means you're living without power and to be honest, if I were you I'd go speak to someone and get legal advice.

Between the meter tampering and then the act of bypassing there's a good chance City Power could open a case of fraud. They're also well within their rights to remove the electrical supply from the premises entirely, at least until any legal action is resolved.

Hypothetically speaking, if however it was just a case of the meter having gone into tamper mode.....maybe during a period when you were staying elsewhere and upon your return you reported it immediately..... I'm damn sure they won't be happy and probably suspicious but if there's no obvious evidence or previous history of fraud there's a chance they might come and reprogram it to wipe the tamper code.

The only personal experience I have is many years ago we moved out of our house during some building work. One of the contractors managed to hit the energy dispenser with a scaffold plank and broke the hinges on the cover. It went into tamper mode and the power went off. I phoned Eskom and informed them it had been damaged and same day they just came out and replaced it. If I remember rightly I don't think they even charged us and they even put units on the new one to credit me for the prepaid power that was on the broken one.
Thanks I will try and report it immediately

Reply to Fixing Of Tampered Meter in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock