Discuss FIXRADIO Forum Player - Now working a different way! :D in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, so I tested a way to play FIXRADIO when you wanted to play it, but it took over the world and started to breed and everything! - So I've reconfigured it and it's just a link in the menu now on the Forums tab. So here it is on Desktop/Laptop It's in the grey sub-menu.

FIXRADIO Forum Player - Now working a different way! :D 1569677534842 - EletriciansForums.net

You'll find it in the navigation sidebar on mobile devices when you've selected 'Forum' from the main menu. It'll pop up a new window, possibly auto-play depending on your device and browser, but just click play otherwise. And it should stay in the background playing while you browse the forum. Let me know if you have any problems or it doesn't work when you change pages or something. And I'll have to find another way to get it working.

Did not have a problem with it Dan.
Was wondering what all the new radio threads were about thought everyone had been given something new except me.

Seems on certain devices, the browser used didn't listen to the command to NOT play it, and allow the user to click Play to play it. It just autoplayed no matter what.

A small percentage, but really annoying for those who didn't want to listen to music right there and then lol

Also - would contribute to your data allowance when out and about and not on Wifi. Although only a tiny amount, the file is squished into a MP3 file. But still. Not good enough.

I didn't have the problem either. But one things for sure, I got told when it was happening! I had about 35 messages, texts, whatsapps, alerts, emails and push notifications within 2 hours lol

Think you might need to take a quick look at it because on my phone it looks like this...
That's how it works mate. I see you've paused it.

It will open a new tab in your browser, so you can click play, then click back to the forum tab and get on with posting. Or just put your phone down and volume up and crack on with your job etc.

I didn't want it playing in the actual forum - we did that for about 5 hours, and everybody ended up with it auto-playing no matter whether they wanted it to play or not lol

I can add some text on that page explaining what's going on maybe. That might make it more clear. :)

Did not have a problem with it Dan.
Was wondering what all the new radio threads were about thought everyone had been given something new except me.
..Ditto had not realised I was missing anything ,
but a few tweaks to my "many-Securuty-settings" -not running Windows . and now can see "Forum Radio station" in menu ,
then allow a hidden window with a Stream = direct.sharp-stream.com ..
Now have a Blast from the past Amy Winehouse singing her heart out !
....But will I hear local adverts -Time will tell --
@Dan --another Bonus Dan

The adverts are managed FixRadio and nothing to do with us mate. It's not our own radio station.

We will be sharing plugs, so we will plug their segments, and they'll mention our forums. Other than that we are totally independent.

They are lovely guys behind it though and very keen to share some users.

They want us to have a weekly segment on their discussing the weeks hot forum topics on the radio and maybe even have the odd forum member phone in etc.

Just need pick up discussion again with them I've been busy with other things.

That's how it works mate. I see you've paused it.

It will open a new tab in your browser, so you can click play, then click back to the forum tab and get on with posting. Or just put your phone down and volume up and crack on with your job etc.

I didn't want it playing in the actual forum - we did that for about 5 hours, and everybody ended up with it auto-playing no matter whether they wanted it to play or not lol

I can add some text on that page explaining what's going on maybe. That might make it more clear. :)
@Dan just meaning the play/pause button is in front of the links permanently? Is it supposed to?

Reply to FIXRADIO Forum Player - Now working a different way! :D in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock