Discuss fliers? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

maffa ent

evening all!

my lad wants to earn a bit of spending money in the school holidays, and I thought he could deliver some fliers for me.

we haven't exactly got work coming out of our ears at the moment, and I thought I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone?

What d'ya think? Any experience of doing it yourselves? Did it work? And what do you suggest I put on them?

I was actually thinking just a business card, which I think may be stuck to fridege door? or a self written a4, but I think that may get whizzed?!

The cheaper and thinner the mailer is the higher the likelyhood of it being binned straight away. The time of day is important too, if you are targeting an area where most people work they will scoop up all the mail together and will they look at each piece of mail? I doubt it so an evening drop may make sense.

My kids do the occasional drop for me and I give them the choice of a payment for the time taken for the drop OR a comission on each bit of work that comes it.

Also be realistic, the hit rate is probably 3% at best.

I think maybe a card stapled to a special offer sheet eg visual inspection 50% in School hols?

I would definitely look at it!

When I'm quiet, I put a flyer and a business card through the local letterboxes. My reasoning is that one or the other may be kept, if not both. Or they might give one to a friend.

I print the flyer myself on thicker than usual paper. The front of the flyer has "Electrician" in big letters, name, mobile no., home no., e-mail address, website address, street address (to show that I really am local). Then, references available, public liability insurance, will do call out to emergencies, and a brief list of types of work done. This is all in large lettering so that anyone with poor eyesight has a chance of reading it. The back has a long list of example jobs done (I do general property maintenance as well as electrics).

I don't get many instant jobs, but people hang on to them for years until needed, so it's worth doing.

Reply to fliers? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock