Discuss Floor boxes on raised access floor in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

sparks1234

-
Arms
Reaction score
What options are there for wiring 3-compartment floor boxes in a raised access floor? obviously the best job is usually going to be in an electrak type system....problem....expense, the busbar is not exactly cheap and the tap offs are over twenty quid each.
Another option is trunking and flexible conduit, but what regulations apply to using twin and earth fixed to the pedestals? or laid on cable tray....over to you

Theres nothing against you cable tieing it to the pedestals, unless someone can tell me a reg it contravenes??
I would say this is the most common method I come across

Ta:D

The only floor boxes i have been involved with were in a 2ft x 2ft square modular suspended floor with the boxes cut into the square where needed.

All cables run in kopex.

To be honest, if its a new install, then there isnt really any other way than using the trak.

Reply to Floor boxes on raised access floor in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Just carried out an EICR on a flat that was wired in the 70s - with singles run in earthed conduit to each point and the trunking providing the...
Replies
Views
So I have had an enquiry about a large open plan call center with around 150 desks. Rented office space, each desk has at least 1 pc with 2...
Replies
Views
Hello, Whilst doing some building works I have access to the inside of the stud wall to which the consumer unit is fitted, so full and easy...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock