• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Followers on profile page in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spoon

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Trainee Access
DIY
Hi People.

So what the crack with 'Followers' & 'Following' people on the forum?
I have noticed I have 3 followers, and I feel sorry for them, if they get notified every time I post.. :)
I'm sure they will come to their senses soon and unfollow me..

I'm not Following anyone.... No funny 'stalker' comments..

buzzlightyear

please let me back in to the prison cell.
Electrician's Arms
spoon can I be your stalker, LOL, if every body follows every body we would end up in a circle .:)

Spoon

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Trainee Access
DIY
spoon can I be your stalker, LOL, if every body follows every body we would end up in a circle .:)
lmao... Very true mate.
I'm curious as to the function of it. As I'm following no one I'm curious as to its purpose.

buzzlightyear

please let me back in to the prison cell.
Electrician's Arms
the ones the follow other sparks on the forum must have a alert button on the pc or phone to tell them quick spoons on it , I need to get my A77 in gear just in case they miss some thing .;)

spinlondon

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Hi People.

So what the crack with 'Followers' & 'Following' people on the forum?
I have noticed I have 3 followers, and I feel sorry for them, if they get notified every time I post.. :)
I'm sure they will come to their senses soon and unfollow me..

I'm not Following anyone.... No funny 'stalker' comments..
This is a carry on from the previous site platform.
Your followers were friends on the previous platform.
Following someone does not mean you are notified every time they post.

Spoon

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Trainee Access
DIY
This is a carry on from the previous site platform.
Your followers were friends on the previous platform.
Following someone does not mean you are notified every time they post.
Oh. Ok.. So no function whatsoever.

Thanks for the 'pitty follow' @Wilko :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Richard Burns

Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
DIY
If you follow someone then your news feeds on the forum may include posts from those you are following such as if you look at the posting tab when viewing your profile.
I believe it is intended for people to be able to easily see the words of wisdom posted by a forum member.
Hmm, but you say you have followers... I must be wrong then!!:):p

Spoon

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Trainee Access
DIY
I believe it is intended for people to be able to easily see the words of wisdom posted by a forum member.
Hmm, but you say you have followers... I must be wrong then!!:):p
lmao... It must be broke.. or they hit the button by accident..

PEG

Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
DIY
I would be more worried about constantly seeing a wavering laser dot,on my person,than any foolering....i mean,following...

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.