Discuss Followers on profile page in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Spoon

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi People.

So what the crack with 'Followers' & 'Following' people on the forum?
I have noticed I have 3 followers, and I feel sorry for them, if they get notified every time I post.. :)
I'm sure they will come to their senses soon and unfollow me..

I'm not Following anyone.... No funny 'stalker' comments..

spoon can I be your stalker, LOL, if every body follows every body we would end up in a circle .:)

lmao... Very true mate.
I'm curious as to the function of it. As I'm following no one I'm curious as to its purpose.

the ones the follow other sparks on the forum must have a alert button on the pc or phone to tell them quick spoons on it , I need to get my A77 in gear just in case they miss some thing .;)

Hi People.

So what the crack with 'Followers' & 'Following' people on the forum?
I have noticed I have 3 followers, and I feel sorry for them, if they get notified every time I post.. :)
I'm sure they will come to their senses soon and unfollow me..

I'm not Following anyone.... No funny 'stalker' comments..
This is a carry on from the previous site platform.
Your followers were friends on the previous platform.
Following someone does not mean you are notified every time they post.

This is a carry on from the previous site platform.
Your followers were friends on the previous platform.
Following someone does not mean you are notified every time they post.

Oh. Ok.. So no function whatsoever.

Thanks for the 'pitty follow' @Wilko :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

If you follow someone then your news feeds on the forum may include posts from those you are following such as if you look at the posting tab when viewing your profile.
I believe it is intended for people to be able to easily see the words of wisdom posted by a forum member.
Hmm, but you say you have followers... I must be wrong then!!:):p

I believe it is intended for people to be able to easily see the words of wisdom posted by a forum member.
Hmm, but you say you have followers... I must be wrong then!!:):p

lmao... It must be broke.. or they hit the button by accident..

I would be more worried about constantly seeing a wavering laser dot,on my person,than any foolering....i mean,following...

spoon can I be your stalker,.... would end up in a circle .:)
(Imagining sheep holding each others tails !)..Me too
...My memory's not so good-now..
For me it's a memory aid ,for those ..who's little notes left near the PC get consigned to the bin by other family members.
.. some Info in the cloud -that doesn't get deleted at the Whims of Microsoft/Google "drives me-MAD" ..don't pay they throw it away.
( It started off as a list of some members who reply to bits that interest me / their progress -- Rather than "every post --Feeling guilty-ME" ) ... Not Goodie too shoes - or trouble makers ..Like some reality TV show -- (There cos their "different")
.. With a better search I may not need it as much !

It’s definitely worth following some on this forum like lucien Nunez ( 3 times I tried to put that sir name in and spell check changed it 3 times, I give up, Nunez it is then)

Anyway you know who I mean. The man is a freak of knowledge and well worth reading.

I’m not following anyone at moment but you’ve just encouraged me to think about starting.

Edit: I’ve just looked at my profile. It appears I was following someone, don’t know why. Maybe pushed a button by mistake.

Pretty sure that if you follow a few people, you can change your settings alert-wise to only show alerts from those people. So you can get their replies to your threads send you an email to let you know, and replies by normal human beings just get an alert via the forum, or no alert at all.

That's the reason you can follow people. I think. :)

e lucien Nunez ( 3 times I tried to put that sir name in and spell check changed it 3 times, I give up, Nunez it is then)
I cheat I @ Him .then delete the @
--------------------------------------------
Lucien Nunes
(must admit I don't use email side of forum for business -So more SPAM to tidy has never been an issue -If I cannot get quite the right setting -- )

that reminds me.... how's Boriz getting on with the supreme court?

dunno about chips, queen's on a diet, and as for chops, she may have become veggie in her dotage.

Reply to Followers on profile page in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock