Discuss Football is back! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

same as last season, and the 50 seasons before that. i've still got better things to do than watch 22 grown men kick a bag of wind around a field

Football makes me a lot of money but cant stand to watch the soft tarts playing it. Just installed a 5 dish, 11 receiver, full hd to 10X 50 inch tv's and 2 projectors.

My predictions are
A load of jessies will be vastly overpaid and over publicised
The disgraceful abuse of referees will continue and their every decision will be aggressively questioned by the jessies mentioned above.
More clubs will go into administration because of the wage demands of the jessies
Rugby Union will still be a more entertaining sport to watch

For the first time in a long time, I will not have a season ticket at my beloved Nottingham Forest, so for that I fully expect us to to finish mid table, been a while since were either fighting off relegation or on the brink of promotion.

For the first time in a long time, I will not have a season ticket at my beloved Nottingham Forest, so for that I fully expect us to to finish mid table, been a while since were either fighting off relegation or on the brink of promotion.

Finally someone revives the conversation haha! I know someone who had a lot of money on forest to win the league. They thought Harry redknapp was on his way. 3 weeks later Harry was favourite but he never went.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We wont be in with a shout of promotion, we have only just managed to sign a defence having lost our last due to either contacts running out, selling them or loan players returning to their parent club. I am happy with having Sean O Driscoll here he saved us last season from relgation and a few of the payers have come out and said as much.

Some of the managers linked with us were dreadful Keane and Hoddle being 2 of them. As for Redknapp no thanks he has screwed Pompey to the ground and doesn't have a very good reputation with his history of alleged dealings behind the scenes.

Man City...Premiership, FA Cup & Champions League.

PM me for special forum odds. :)

Blimey that's a bit outrageous, they were favorites for all 3 last season but only won one of them in the last 30 seconds ;).

Man U for the Prem
Liverscum for the FA cup
Real Madrid for Champions League

Dillb, obviously you're a Forest fan and presumably have been for many years. So question 1 is What would you do if they started playing really crap football and season after season they got relegated and ended up playing non league football? would you still loyally follow them?

Question 2 What's your favourite clothes shop?

I do have a point here mate which will be revealed but please don't think I'm having a go at you when I get to it, because I promise you that's not what this is about

Of course I would still follow them. Can never see me supporting another club ever. I do watch a lot of football (much to my girlfriends annoyance). Was taken too see them from a young age by my dad and granddad and never looked back since. Seen some very successful times but also some periods that have been terrible, always been there through thick and thin. As my granddad said to me "You change your partner several times but never your football club" Never has a truer word been said.

Favorite clothes shop, depends what I am buying, generally buy what I like the look of and not what shop is selling it.

My point is I've never understood that whole (for want of a better word) tribalism that surrounds football. You know the whole "This is my team, always has been always will no matter what" thing and I know that it's probably a "failing" in me (once again for want of a better word).
My thing is I refuse to put any strings on my guitars other than D'addarios, but that's because I think they're the best I have ever used, but if their quality started to go downhill I'd be looking for another brand. Know what I mean?

Reply to Football is back! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock