Discuss Football is back! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

City are done, Fergie aint going to let them win again this season, he learns fast what needs to be done.

Leeds in the Prem hhhmmmm fancy discussing that over a drink of 7up? ;)

There was a lot happened last year with the Manchester clubs
If scholes hadn't come out of retirement then fergie wouldn't have gotten any where near the top
If tevez had stayed and played at city then they would've walked it.

City to win league I think. Fergie needed to strengthen the defence and midfield and he hasn't done that (yet)
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My point is I've never understood that whole (for want of a better word) tribalism that surrounds football. You know the whole "This is my team, always has been always will no matter what" thing and I know that it's probably a "failing" in me (once again for want of a better word).
My thing is I refuse to put any strings on my guitars other than D'addarios, but that's because I think they're the best I have ever used, but if their quality started to go downhill I'd be looking for another brand. Know what I mean?

Nothing wrong with your way of thinking. I love my club just the way you love your brand of Guitar strings.

The biggest difference is you can do something about it should your "love" fail you. But sport is a funny thing, anything can happen in it which is what makes it so interesting, things can turn round quickly either way which is why i would never support another team.

Another thing is/was the whole religion thing in Glasgow football. Even though I'm a fully fledged atheist I have friends on both sides of that fence, some of whom live in Glasgow and none of them can explain what that's all about.

There was a lot happened last year with the Manchester clubs
If scholes hadn't come out of retirement then fergie wouldn't have gotten any where near the top
If tevez had stayed and played at city then they would've walked it.

City to win league I think. Fergie needed to strengthen the defence and midfield and he hasn't done that (yet)

Yes Scholes was a brilliant move by Fergie, but he is also a wise ole horse in the Premiership and knows what it takes to win it back, does Mancini have that in his locker or know how to retain it?

Be interesting but think that Chelski could be up there too this season.

Another thing is/was the whole religion thing in Glasgow football. Even though I'm a fully fledged atheist I have friends on both sides of that fence, some of whom live in Glasgow and none of them can explain what that's all about.

Football rivalries are always tribal, unless you understand the sport or support a team from the outside it will always seem a little weird. Forests biggest rivals are Derby County due to being the closest "big" club too us, some would argue Notts County but we see them as the annoying little brother more than anything. Also through varying reasons we have rivalry with Sheffield United, Liverpool and Leeds.

There's a huge rivalry up here with Newcastle and Sunderland. Now I don't like one of those places (did you spot how expertly I sidestepped there?)but that's nowt to do with football. I think the majority of the place is dreadful, it's terrible to drive round, the women are mostly orange and the accent is horrible. Apart from all that it's great:)

It's a strange phenomenon is football.
I used to be quite a big Man U fan, go to matches now and again, in the good old days when you could roll up to the ground and pay cash and go through the turn stiles and non of this sitting down ballocks. I digress...
One day, I'm so depressed because Utd had lost, then it dawned on me,it's just a frigging football match. Cured ever since.

You have just reminded me of when i was up in Newcastle for a stag do a few years ago, went to Sunderland for go carting, had a idiot taxi driver harping on about how great Newcastle united were, on way back going over the Tyne he points out a football ground saying do you know what ground that is up there, my reply was yes it is the Stadium of light isnt it? Strangley he didn't say much too us after that.

It's a strange phenomenon is football.

One day, I'm so depressed because Utd had lost, then it dawned on me,it's just a frigging football match. Cured ever since.

I am still terrible when Forest lose regardless of who we have played. My missus avoids me like the plague for a couple of hours when we do cos I get that moody.

Here is a little of the wall flutter for someone

Hughes factor suggests QPR can top divisional handicap table | Ladbrokes.com

As you can guess they are my "team" though perhaps the last game I ever saw of them was 15 yrs ago.

To answer Trev I can't explain it why even as a mature man I sat in my place here with my daughters on skype and me on Sky stream watching the Man City/QPR last game of the season and when we were not relegated, there was a little tear, my girls went ballistic and I think my neighbours thought I was going mad, it defies logic.

Same situation as Dillip, I use to go with my uncles, grandad, brother and et al to matches when they were in the old 3rd division, now league 2 and if they went non league they will still be my team.........................strange eh lol

Oh by the way I have had 50 notes to win and 25 each way on the "hoops" with the handicap..........................c/mon you RRRRRRRRRRRRRsssssssssssssssssss

Arsenal I think will be good this year but on one condition only..... RVP leaves the club. You cannot create a team when there is one individual trying to get out.

Every year me and my mates create a league on the Barclays premier league fantasy football. If anyone is interested I can create a league for the forum? Free to enter and is good fun?

I would love to see a top quality rugby union ref. referee a premier league football match. I wonder how many players would be left on the pitch at full time?

I would love to see a top quality rugby union ref. referee a premier league football match. I wonder how many players would be left on the pitch at full time?
Not very many I'd bet. I think the ten metre rule should be introduced into football, give the ref any lip and the free kick moves forward. It might make the overpaid prima donnas think about the example they're setting to kids. I've even seen kids 11 years old lipping the ref,

Not very many I'd bet. I think the ten metre rule should be introduced into football, give the ref any lip and the free kick moves forward. It might make the overpaid prima donnas think about the example they're setting to kids. I've even seen kids 11 years old lipping the ref,

It was actually introduced a few years ago, but was very quickly got rid of it very quickly.

Reply to Football is back! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock