Discuss Freeloading at its best. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SirKit Breaker

My Dad was wandering around in Marbella a coupe of weeks ago. A bloke approached him trying to sell a timeshare or similar. My Dad bit, and the bloke and his cohort took him into a bar, free beer, free meal and so on.
Dad gets a bit fed up, so to get rid of them he accepts their invitation and ticket to some event at a hotel near Malaga. He is given a taxi voucher so he can get there and back for nowt.

Dad duly turns up at the venue, eats and drinks them out of house and home, uses his free taxi voucher (45kms journey), listens to some bollox about timeshares, then the salesman moves in.

Hello sir, have you enjoyed yourself this evening? Yes i have said Dad, and he also said thanks for the beer and meal in Marbella. The salesman then moves in for the Kill. Sir, have you ever considered owning a timeshare in southern Spain, blah blah blah. Dad replies, well not really, it wouldnt get used. Oh can i ask why you wouldnt use it, spain is a fantatsic climate, and is a great place to take holidays, etc etc etc, so my Dad says, yes i agree with you, salesman jumps back in, so what is stopping you committing, so dad says, I Like southern spain so much, that i bought a house here 20 years ago, but thanks for the beer.

Reply to Freeloading at its best. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I installed outdoor lighting and outlets. I finished this past year. I passed my inspection on April 2022. I was so pleased, BUT now the circuit...
Replies
Views
Working in Canada on a three month job, 6 of us including a rather snobby Team Leader/ We were working 6 or 7 days a week 12 to 14 hour days, so...
Replies
Views
Squid
S
I had to wire the s plan boiler controls for a plumbing and heating company i work for reguarly it turns out it was at the house of the...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
I hope TOMMY COOPER WOULD HAVE LOVED THESE ONES........ A mate of mine recently admitted to being addicted to brake fluid. When I quizzed him...
Replies
Views
Ok, so this is for plastering, and it's been taken from our tiling forum, posted by a member named 'tiler burden' - so I'm not taking credit. But...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock