Discuss frozen shoulder in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Phil

anyone had this before? it`s doing my head in. had a steroid injection on monday at the dr`s. just wondering how long they usually take to work. the gp said if it`s still as bad in 6 months out comes the surgeons scalpel. umm can`t wait :( already had two loads of physio and no joy so it`s maybee looking the surgeons way.

My Mother had problems with her shoulder for years, steroid injections, ops, finally replaced it earlier this year. Obviously nothing else had worked for her, I think the injections eased things for a while but werent really a long term solution. Hopefully they work for you, she had it done a couple of months ago and is still off work with it now, and she's a nurse, cant imagine how it would impact on a manual worker.

last friday if it had not been for the fact i was wearing a thirty quid t shirt i would have cut it off it was that painful. mind the metal industrial bin that dropped on it last year did it no favours either. three years of it and it doing my head in. fingers crossed for a result:)

Jesus. What is it?

sore :D it restricts the movement. luckily it`s in the left shoulder and i am right handed so it could have been a hell of a lot worse. it feels like a fracture right now i know had plenty of the in the past. also it`s got a strange looking lump in it :eek: call me quasi :D or mr camel :D

Physio will help you need to give it more than two sessions the steriods should start to work in a few hours but rest is also key you need to be refered for a surgical opionon as soon as possible waiting lists are massive ask your gp for an xray and or MRI to rule out wear in the joint it could just be a bursitis surgery should be a last resort as it may make it worse

cheers philip962, i have had quite a few physio sessions i meant two referrals. probably had about 20 sessions. x ray came back clear luckily. i will mention the mri to him when i get back from the hols. thanks again :)

My first port of call would be a good chiropractor. especially as you said a bin dropped on it. something might be out of line causing pain.

I hurt my leg and hip when fell off my bike and a year later started getting pain was alignment.

my bro has had shoulder probs after bike off's too again chiropractor sorted it.

try to get a sport injury one maybe one who sorts Rugby players.

good luck and regards.

thanks marty, my ex boss uses one so i think i will get his details and make a visit. probably be cheaper than getting the scissors out to the clothes when it`s bad :)

Reply to frozen shoulder in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net