Discuss Fuse details - Brush 60Amp 1947 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Could somebody please advise on the relevant fuse details on a single phase domestic supply.

Brush 60amp 60KR certified
250v AC4
BS1361:1947

It also states
440v AC4
BS88:1952

Logic tells me its BS1361 due to the voltage rating? Is it treated as a BS88 on a 400v supply? There are no details of the breaking capacity to distinguish type 1 or type 2?

I suspect it's 33kA and complies with both standards, so as BS1361 is now subsumed into BS88-3 and the fuse is rated for 440V, so I would call it BS88.

Reply to Fuse details - Brush 60Amp 1947 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

V
Hey guys, i have started to do some inspecting and testing, i am finding it very interesting although the certification part is a little confusing...
Replies
Views
C
Hi can anybody tell me what amp this cut out fuse is please. BRUSH, TYPE LR, ASTA CERTIFIED, 440V AC4 CLASS Q, BS 88, 1952 (this was on fuse...
Replies
Views
Please take some time to read through this. It is written by Widdler's father. I found it on a governement website.. It certainly speaks my mind...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock