Discuss GARO PME fault device, resetting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

WallaceP

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hello, Just had a client call saying EVCP was not working. It is supplied via a 'G6EV40PME' from what he was saying it looks like this cut out the supply, I cant remember if this device is self resetting when the voltage monitored is within range or if you have to reset the device by tripping the RCD.
Is anyone familiar with the set up of these.
Will go over tomorrow morning an have a look myself.

Hello, Just had a client call saying EVCP was not working. It is supplied via a 'G6EV40PME' from what he was saying it looks like this cut out the supply, I cant remember if this device is self resetting when the voltage monitored is within range or if you have to reset the device by tripping the RCD.
Is anyone familiar with the set up of these.
Will go over tomorrow morning an have a look myself.
Hi Wallace, I've just had a similar situation where customer reported car charger was intermittently dropping power, found it to be the Garo O-Pen unit, I'm not sure if this is a fault with the Garo unit or voltage is going out of range.
What did you find out and what was your solution?
My initial response is to replace Garo unit, preferably just the electronics board if possible.

Nigel

Hi Wallace, I've just had a similar situation where customer reported car charger was intermittently dropping power, found it to be the Garo O-Pen unit, I'm not sure if this is a fault with the Garo unit or voltage is going out of range.
What did you find out and what was your solution?
My initial response is to replace Garo unit, preferably just the electronics board if possible.

Nigel
I finaly got SSE out to do an 'energy survey' which concluded that the supply to the property was above the upper limit and they agreed to lower it, they were very reluctant to come out to see it and I was lucky enough to be on site when the voltage was a bit higher and got a photo of my meter reading which got them to take it a bit more seriously.
if it is happening frequently for your customer I would leave you volt meter on Max Min and try and catch the peak voltage to get the DNO to action this.

I finaly got SSE out to do an 'energy survey' which concluded that the supply to the property was above the upper limit and they agreed to lower it, they were very reluctant to come out to see it and I was lucky enough to be on site when the voltage was a bit higher and got a photo of my meter reading which got them to take it a bit more seriously.
if it is happening frequently for your customer I would leave you volt meter on Max Min and try and catch the peak voltage to get the DNO to action this.
Thanks for the advice. It’s an out of the way village location so could easily be a fluctuating voltage.

Reply to GARO PME fault device, resetting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net