Discuss Glass Top Stove Inside a Drawer? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It would be possible.

If it were my house, I would want a control system that prevented the draw from being closed when stove is still hot and prevents operation of stove unless draw is fully extended and locked.

It would be possible.

If it were my house, I would want a control system that prevented the draw from being closed when stove is still hot and prevents operation of stove unless draw is fully extended and locked.
Thank you!
You mean like some kind of carpentry solution that locks into place and/or covers the controls until fully open, correct?

Thank you!
You mean like some kind of carpentry solution that locks into place and/or covers the controls until fully open, correct?

More like a sensor and relay/contractor I would have thought.

Anything is possible, usually.
But not in this case, if the idea is to have the hob moving out from under the worktop on a drawer mechanism.
There are too many issues.

First one being as per James, it needs to be electrically isolated untill the hob is fully exposed.
The hob needs to be well supported allowing for the weight of pans on it, a sliding drawer won't be able to do that.
When pulled out it needs to be perfectly level otherwise the pans may slide.
The cable connecting it will have to be flexible and suitably rated.
The list probably goes on.

I doubt you'll find a professional prepared to connect it up.

More like a sensor and relay/contractor I would have thought.
I understand, ok, thank you
[automerge]1593082518[/automerge]
Anything is possible, usually.
But not in this case, if the idea is to have the hob moving out from under the worktop on a drawer mechanism.
There are too many issues.

First one being as per James, it needs to be electrically isolated untill the hob is fully exposed.
The hob needs to be well supported allowing for the weight of pans on it, a sliding drawer won't be able to do that.
When pulled out it needs to be perfectly level otherwise the pans may slide.
The cable connecting it will have to be flexible and suitably rated.
The list probably goes on.

I doubt you'll find a professional prepared to connect it up.
Understood. Thank you!

I was just thinking you could make a part of your work top hinged with the hob below it, just a section so you could hide it when you wanted.

my question would be why would you want to do it?
I think it's to save time in the morning... you can cook your egg and bacon on the top drawer, while putting on your undercrackers and socks from the drawer underneath... then grab a shirt from the wardrobe next to it... makes perfect sense to me.

Many caravans have a hinged worktop that comes down over the top of the gas rings.
I expect that is what was being suggested

Many caravans have a hinged worktop that comes down over the top of the gas rings.
I expect that is what was being suggested
and there's nosafety devices to stop the flap being put down when the rings are lit. only a numpty would do this.

and there's nosafety devices to stop the flap being put down when the rings are lit. only a numpty would do this.

Mine has a notice on to that tells you not to put down when rings are hot.

Never checked if there is an interlock to prevent stupidity.

VW Californias don't have the interlock... and they are all factory fitted and very high quality spec... like £70k new for a transporter ?

worlds gon mad. Mrs bought Fairy pods for washing. childproof catches. need a hacksaw to get in them. and warning to keepout of reach of childtren. how in hell can you get yor child to do the washing when he/she can't get at the soap?

Reply to Glass Top Stove Inside a Drawer? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock