Discuss glasses in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Guest111

Well it finally happened,my arms finally became too short to hold a book when reading so I ended up with glasses,now I can enjoy reading again but what a bugger when I forget to take them off and end up walking round like I,ve had a few beers and everything in the distance is blurry.Wife thinks I look like a teacher with me glasses perched on the end of my nose so I can look over them at the tv and then back down at the laptop.Getting old great isnt it? lol

Your lucky m8, I used to love the perched on the nose bit. Ive just had verifocals im like one of those noddy dogs they used to have in back windows of cars.

im running low on lamp oil too,but told by a customer (optician) not to give in too soon as the eyes will rely on the glasses once you start using them ,its coming tho

im running low on lamp oil too,but told by a customer (optician) not to give in too soon as the eyes will rely on the glasses once you start using them ,its coming tho
been fighting it for over a year,can see great at distance and in the dark,it,s just close up work.Still if ever I get caught with an ugly bird I could blame it on not having my glasses

Phil, if it helps we could all post in a larger font size :)

My Dad had to wear glasses at a young age and regrets it. He now wears lenses that are almost as thick as milk bottles.

I too was advised to wear glasses at the age of 16, I did.... to the clubs as they made me look older lol Until I lost them one night. Never worn a pair since but I do suffer on occasions, prime example was when I was doing my studying.

I wear glasses anyway but the last two check ups I had they have said the gap is closing up and I now have the perched glasses for reading, still holding out so far, so long as I can get my nose extended!!

i've been wearing goggles for distance since 14. just slightly short-sighted, but have always had to take 'em off for close-up. now the close-up needs glasses for small stuff. i can read 10pt. without, but wiring things up needs a bit of assistance. tried varifocals, which were fine if what i needed to see close up was below my nose, but say wiring an alarm PIR above my head would require dennis tailor's.

i've been wearing goggles for distance since 14. just slightly short-sighted, but have always had to take 'em off for close-up. now the close-up needs glasses for small stuff. i can read 10pt. without, but wiring things up needs a bit of assistance. tried varifocals, which were fine if what i needed to see close up was below my nose, but say wiring an alarm PIR above my head would require dennis tailor's.

glasses professor-hubert-j-farnsworth - EletriciansForums.net

^^^ telectrix.
:-D

I’m long sighted in one eye and short in the other. I tried contacts for a while, the inevitable happened, groggy headed one morning I got them mixed up! Back to two pairs of gig lamps now.
I’ve worn glasses since I was 18 moths old, so I’ve never known any different.

I'm lucky, I only need glasses for driving and then for only long periods, got snow blindness in Norway and it's taken me a few years to recover. Hopefully I won't need them for many years yet.

I’m long sighted in one eye and short in the other. I tried contacts for a while, the inevitable happened, groggy headed one morning I got them mixed up! Back to two pairs of gig lamps now.
I’ve worn glasses since I was 18 moths old, so I’ve never known any different.

I'm the same although the optician only fitted a contact lense in my left eye!. Been wearing glasses since I was 7, the nice company I work for now pays for bi-focal safety glasses for me.

yep i gave in two years ago, buggered if I wanted to tho...I'm 51 now and only look 20..well I would that's why I need glasses !

I would suggest that you look at the far bottom left key on your keyboard..hold it down it's the Ctrl button, and at the same time press the '+' key far right on the top of keyboard this will make all text larger, inversely the '-' is to it's left if you want to reduce text size

J

Reply to glasses in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock