Discuss glowworm combi 38cxi timer in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kevin lewis

I fitted an Analogue timer, mechanical type, to a similar boiler 2 months ago. it cost £28 plus vat. Another boiler, same timer fault. New price is £90 plus vat. it seems that the timer was an accessory but is now a spare part so Hepworth have tripled the price.
The new part number is 2000800089. I don't know who makes this new one but the old one was made by Grasslin in Germany and the Grasslin part number is RM/1QTUH 0420. I've come across their timers before in numerous appliances so I contacted them to see if there was any way of obtaining the correct part. They explained that the timer was made specifically for Hepworth/ Glowworm and that they were unable to supply to anyone else.
This boiler is fitted into a fully tiled bathroom and running a new control cable to a remote timer would be troublesome.Customer is willing to buy a second hand timer if anyone has one.

I would think that one of the off-the-shelf Grasslin timers would do, a quick look and RS do this 24hour one at just under 40 quid and a bit of shopping around should find something even cheaper:-

Buy Plug-In Time Switches FM/1 QRTUZH 24 hr mechanical timeswitch Grasslin FM/1 QRTUZH online from RS for next day delivery.

You can check the specification sheet for size, voltage etc:-

http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/05c1/0900766b805c1d0e.pdf

I would think the only thing the official replacement might have would be the cable and PCB connector already attached but you could simply reuse the one off the old timer on the replacement.

EDIT: You would need to check the voltage to the existing timer motor, some Grasslin ones are 240v but others are low voltage. The Q in the part number probably indicates Quartz so could be 1.5v quartz mechanism.

Last edited:
Here is the spec sheet for the original part number you quoted and from that it does look like a low voltage unit.

http://www.graesslin.de/cms/products/db/db_rm1_en.pdf

The strange thing is the RS one is also a Quartz but doesn't actually specify the drive voltage. Also the RS one has hands which the the original one doesn't have.

EDIT here is the Grasslin spec sheet fort the RS one and it look like its 230v

http://www.graesslin.de/cms/products/datasheets/en/fm1.pdf

Last edited:

Reply to glowworm combi 38cxi timer in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock