Discuss H & S Advisors in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Ponty Massive

Does anyone use a health and safety advisor?

Just looking through my SAFE contractor application and one of the questions is who gives you H&S advise?

Yes , tentatively at the moment but now we have moved to a much bigger / better yard and stores we intend to get him to come in on a bit of a rota to look after all of it and do the tool box talks as well .
The only draw back is he lives about 80 miles away , and he charges mileage .
You not gone CHAS

Last edited:
I once asked a safety guy how high the fork lift truck driver could lift me with no cage while balancing the steps on the forks! Lol

H&S is here to stay and is only going to get hotter year on year , it has been noticeably stricter since one of the grain drier installation outfits down south from here apparently had one of their men bounce out of the safety nets to his death a couple of years back , don't know if you have ever gone through into a safety net but you pretty much can not bounce out of them if you know what i mean !

I'm also guessing it's about covering your own ar$e. Blame culture (and where there's blame!!!).

I googled H&S adviser and one company came up offering company appointed H&S advisers for £100

As i am writing this i have been on the net trying to find out when the funeral is of one of our clients / young farmer friends .
We did a new miking parlour for him a couple of years back , he was just putting some new buildings up when he fell about 6ft off a ladder on Tuesday last week , they put him in a induced coma but he got a chest infection and they had complications bringing him out of it , he passed away on Monday .
He was only 28 , newish married and with a 8 month old baby , and a bloody fine fella , a proper 100 hour a week working man !
Some times all this H&S crap does start to make a bit of sense !

Last edited:
....I suppose until it happens to you, you don't apreciate it!!!

I had a close call many years ago. A guy who was working for me, let an extended ladder fall in the wind. It hit the ground missing a baby in a pram by about 18 inches. I cannot imagine what would have happened to that baby if the ladders had hit them.

I wasn't even there, but could feel the blood draining from me when he told me on the phone. I still get sleepless night thinking about it!!!!

Reply to H & S Advisors in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net