Discuss Happy holidays for the new year 2023 in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What a joy to hear from you again. I look forward to 2023 and your marvellous projects. Merry Christmas.

I have been pre-occupied with three problems which appeared on the forum. Two solved and one I hope closer to solving.

Out of interest, did you enjoy a traditional 12 course meal as did my wife's Polish nurse's family.

Last edited:
Out of interest, did you enjoy a traditional 12 course meal as did my wife's Polish nurse's family.
I don't understand this part. I suppose that probably you mean if we are making special meal for this particular season and new year event? --Aham... haha, well... usually we were a very conformist family, especially in the 80's and 90's. After 2000, not so much. We had VERY festive and full table(s) of VERY diverse food and drink for quite a while -before and after the special event - not ONLY for a single night, you know, artists love to live to the extreme if given the chance. Also very philosophical discussions at the table, that were lengthen for days and weeks if allowed. Haha. Especially with family friends and rarely other family members. Literally, it was looking quite royal as how plentiful everything was looking. Back in the days. Good days. Haha. Now... not so much. Capitalism kill the joy. At least in my parts. And I am only me and my old father. Not feeling that festive anymore.
- Merry Christmas from Romania ! HaiHo.

The 12 Dishes of Polish Christmas - https://culture.pl/en/article/the-12-dishes-of-polish-christmas

This is the meal Katarina shared with her Polish family.

I keep thinking (believing) that there ought to be an opening for you to exploit your twin loves of art and electronics. Here in the UK but in other countries too buildings, walls, forests and iconic objects are being lit up temporarily for amusement and enjoyment. Even people.

This is what I mean:

Lincoln Castle Illuminated - https://www.visitlincolnshire.com/events/lincoln-castle-illuminated/

Heritage Wood - Illuminated walk - https://www.heritage-wood.co.uk/illuminatedwalk

Building Exterior | Bridgelux, Inc. LED Lighting - https://www.bridgelux.com/market-applications/building-exterior

Elsa LED Light Up Dress - Kidz Country: - https://kidzcountry.com/product/elsa-led-light-up-dress/?attribute_color=LED%20Light%20Up%20Dress&attribute_kid-size=4T%20(120)&utm_source=Google+Shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=UK+-+All+Store+Feed&gclid=CjwKCAiA76-dBhByEiwAA0_s9TgKJXYCwGI5D4Mtw3N73ZzMXT29BGDfjLiICxIzN5d0BFFvjwOfLxoCMEsQAvD_BwE

Post Christmas I would guess that in Romania like here in UK Christmas LED lighting will be sold off at discount prices. Do you think you could form a business doing this on a small scale to begin with? It could exploit the world wide web and internet sales and ordering. For you I reckon going first for upper end bespoke clothing or outfits would be a winner - what's to loose?

So, what about buying a cheap set of overalls and 'embroidering' it with LED art as a prototype and exemplar of what you can do?

PS: Do you know about RGB or RGBW LED strips bought by the metre?

LED RGB Strip Lights - UK's #1 LED Supplier | LED Lighthouse - https://www.led-lighthouse.co.uk/product-category/led-strip-lights/rgb-led-strip-lights/

Last edited:
  • Thanks for the direct link to the "12 Dishes of Polish Christmas". It is very interesting, because I am not that good when it comes to -expressions-, -sayings-, or actual events in other cultures. I never heard of this quite festive way of cristmas. Very interesting. We have other ways way different. I dont even know if we even have special meal or requirements in the cristmas. Eh well, im not into this side of things. I know there are a side of population that really likes it, but im in the other side, not paying too much attention.
  • I know is very easy to confuse art and electronics as one thing in itself that I suppose to be doing. Im not that kind of artist. I am really a professional digital and traditional artist !!! I learned in an art school and art high-school, then the art academy. Then I was an art teacher for 8 years. So for me, it is as serious as it is your electronics for you. I really dont mix them to make some clown show. Electronics is a pleasure for me. I cant say art is a pleasure to do, since it is a skill that I learned and practice, all my life really. But art not being a commercial profit, especially after 2000's, I looked and still looking for other ways, more serious, that may create a good revenue. Unfortunately ... as serious I could be in electronics, this is not that far from art bizniz in respect of the remuneration level. In other words, is still 0-zero profit from electronics as it is from art. My 2 life choices and both very BAD from the capital point of view. I did my best, but the best is not enough. Therefore, I can not make this kind of mix between these 2 fields, like the one you just suggested, not even if you'd pay me. Haha. Im very stupid at making stupid things. I like the good things, as one should. ;)
PS: Do you know about RGB or RGBW LED strips bought by the metre?
I think I know them. Not from practice, I never had one in my hand, to touch it, but I've seen a lot of them presented in youtube movies. I know quite a lot about them. More specifically from the UK youtuber bigClive that is using a lot of them in its presentations. Usually from ebay - or how is calling it "the pound land". Which --was-- very true when they had very cheap prices, not like today. I do have stand alone RGB leds, not in a strip. Your point was to use such a strip to make 'something artistic" with it. I get you. Like I said, not really my 'cup of tea'. Usually, from my observations, some new technologies are really not working for 'everything' as one may think. I believe this is the case for this RGB led strip as well. Not really fitting every problem or issue. Falling into ridiculous or inestetic. Is how I see it.

Last edited:
Leaving aside the capitalistic joke I live in, here is some progress on my quest of learning the logic world.
I hope you like it. Its very short video.

Well, I know for sure that my mouth is a few cm distance from the mic. The sound is ok in my side.
Check your volume control:
-in youtube (because it remembers the last setting you had last time) :
1672334785125.png

-or in your windows Volume control for/per application:
specific for your browser. In my case Firefox browser.
1672334856110.png

I can personally help you with this tasks if you dont know how to find them. I know in win10 and win11 they screw them up from the normal human way they had it in win7 and winxp. Just to prove they can.

Thanks. I listened on my ipad and all was clear. How will you switch digitally between the two counters when you make the left/right circuit?

Thanks. I listened on my ipad and all was clear. How will you switch digitally between the two counters when you make the left/right circuit?
That's a good question and it was one of the first questions I put myself when I started electronics actually, when I was a young pup, like 10y old or something, very young and very fascinated. That was one of the very first experiment I did in electronics, (without even knowing it's actually a field called electronics) haha.
Very simple. Every type of mechanical switch has its 'mirror' part in digital, or logic ccts, simply by using a transistor. Usually a BJT transistor. Is how I learn it alone, but now, after some years of experience, a mosfet or even a buffer gate(I never tried one but it should be right), or a bit more extra mega fancy, a single input pin of an AND gate (not both or both shorted together). Haha. I personally use a transistor. Is the way I grew up with. I stick with traditional stuff I know and practice.

You used some analogue switches in an earlier project which could be a simple way to route your counters' outputs to the driver ic. And you could explore using these with only one 4017. It is always a good idea to reduce the 'component count'.

Reply to Happy holidays for the new year 2023 in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net