Discuss Has Alec Salmond scored a massive own goal today? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Octopus

Has Alec Salmond today scored a MASSIVE own goal this morning, by claiming next weeks vote for the Scots, is going to be like the first vote South Africa had after the end of Aparthide.

All I can say to Alec Salmond - got back under the stone you crawled out from you ARROGANT WXNKER.

I am offended - as are many more judging by whats being said on the Radio.

Discuss!

I agree I cannot stand the man, he has put his personal career before 5 million Scots, he refuses to discuss a plan B and doesn't care about anyone else in the UK except Scots living in Scotland. This effects everyone of us and I care about the UK not just England, he doesn't, and whats worse is the fact he is trying to take the 5 million Scots who live in Jockland on his journey without them even understanding what could happen. I would have also liked the rest of the UK to have a vote on the union breaking up, I mean all 64 million of us are going to be effected, the Scots have politicians in Jockland and England, the Jock politicians want it all, the poor Scottish people are going to suffer for it.

I actually think that the income tax is not a bad idea.

If I was in charge the Council tax would be calculated from 2 things:

1. The band of the house (and I would create more "upper" bands so people with more expensive houses would pay more
2. The number of people over 18 in the house

And yes this would probably cost me - 1 sparky and 1 midwife, 2 kids under 18

Does anyone know what this is costing us so far
and will if it's YES?

I predict a load of Barristers, Lawyers, Politicians, bureaucrats and pen pushers will end up MINTED.
Whilst a shed load of plebs like me will get royally shafted.

And with that, I'm out. Politiced out!

The thing that amuses me about all this, is that it's the Scots who started all this.
It was James VI of Scotland who kicked it all off with the Unification of the Crowns back in the 16th/17th Century.
And they've been whinging ever since!!! :smilielol5::mad2:

Nice to see none of you are into sweeping generalisations then! Have to say I despair at how badly the "Better Together" has performed. I have no time for Mr Salmond and his non-conviction politics, but he is a showman and sadly today's society appears to be influenced more by show/style than substance.
i despair at the likely fiscal impact on Scotland (and the rest of the UK) if a Yes vote prevails. But if it does, the traditional UK political parties will have a lot to answer for.
And, I don't trust any political party as far as I could throw them!

Salmond is a dangerous little man who has wooed the young the easily led and tabloid reading morons in to thinking Scotland have the economic might to go it alone.......

No mention of the banking sector who have plans to move in the event of a yes vote, same as the insurance and pension companies.

He wants to break away but keep the stirling pound ( that'll be the rest of us tax payers holding the **** end of the financial stick) well **** off salmond and use the Euro.

He has already won, what was this vote really all about "More Power" which he will get either way. Then we will all be stuffed, just wait and watch the "Policies" that start appearing.

What happened to the Politicians that stood to Serve the People and Country and meant it?

The last real Politicians were the people that went through World War 2 and who had real life experience and knowledge.

Here is Scotland and the rest of the UK we are led by nobody's who are totally unaccountable and untouchable.

To me I would only allow a politician a maximum of 2 terms in office, this might focus their minds to doing something for their country rather than protecting their so called careers.

Remember of the 5 million people able to vote in Scotland 400,000 plus are English, and many many thousands of immigrants who have settled here. Plus of course no life learning experience 16 year olds. So not really a true Scottish vote is it?

Alec Salmond is just a fat little man in a little pond with the arrogance of a big man in a very big pond. The guy is only interested in himself and his self importance, he can't answer truthfully and accurately on any of the major issues!! The guy is convincing the young and the foolish that they will all have a better education and jobs with a Yes vote, unfortunately for them the exact opposite will come to pass. It'll take years to provide a working sustainable economy, and even then once the oil /gas revenues dries up it's going to be a real hard slog for them to even maintain the services they now enjoy. They will eventually become a drain on EU, and could even end up becoming another Greece or Spain in years to come, needing billions in handouts left right and centre!!

Let's see how clever the Yes voters feel then!!!

The thing which perplexes me most about all this is clearly that the Scots in the separatist camp are relying on oil income. But, do they even own the oil to start with?! It's miles off shore in the North Sea, their only tangible link seems to be the placement of refineries and helipads.....can anyone enlighten me?!

Reply to Has Alec Salmond scored a massive own goal today? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock