Discuss Haygain wiring diagram in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
I’m looking for a wiring diagram for a Haygain hay bale steamer. Wondered if any of you fine people have worked on one before.
I’ve emailed the haygain company, but nothing back yet.

My customer replaced the heating element himself, but didn’t take any notice of the wires on the switches when he took them off.

I’ll add more details if anyone recognises the appliance. Specific to equine industry, so anyone worked in a stables at sometime?

ok. This morning I get a hand drawn picture of the switch and lights emailed to me, coloured in with pencil, and a list of written notes denoting the colours of the wiring.

Something to be said for a proper documented wiring diagram...

No that was HAYWAIN haygrain was painted by the inspector.
[automerge]1576330280[/automerge]
When clearing out my parents house i found a violin and painting in the attic. I took them for valuation and they said, "what you have here is a Constable and a Stradivarious". However, "The bad news is Constable was a crap violin maker, and Stradivarious couldn't paint for toffee".

Last edited:
ok. This morning I get a hand drawn picture of the switch and lights emailed to me, coloured in with pencil, and a list of written notes denoting the colours of the wiring.

Something to be said for a proper documented wiring diagram...
Hi there, I appreciate your post is a couple of years ago but I wonder if you could help? I've just dismantled and reassembled a Haygain boiler to replace the element and thermofuse. Having switched it on the on/off switch doesn't light up and the boiler doesn't heat up. After reassembling I was actually left with one small part and I don't know where it goes. It's a small wire that looks like a long question mark with a red sleeve. I found a diagram on a Youtube video called 'Replacing Thermostat on Haygain Boiler' whcih shows the part at 2:21 but I have no idea what it's for? Any ideas? Thanks a lot

Sorry.... I cant remember now, but if i find the wiring diagram in my notes from the time, ill post them up.

What is the question mark shaped piece of wire? Ive watched the video and i think i see what you mean. Looks to me like it just attaches to the earth. (look at video, at 1:00)

Sorry.... I cant remember now, but if i find the wiring diagram in my notes from the time, ill post them up.

What is the question mark shaped piece of wire? Ive watched the video and i think i see what you mean. Looks to me like it just attaches to the earth. (look at video, at 1:00)
Thanks a lot, it does look like it's just attached to the earth, any idea what would be the purpose of that?

It seems to be the same as the other wiggly piece of wire at the right hand side. (just a loop of wire with 2 ends covered in sleeving)
All i can think of is the 3 sleeved ends create some sort of bracket to hold something else in place. Or to keep parts from touching each other.

After actually watching the video properly, it does appear that those two bits of metal just holds the thermostat in place

Last edited:
It seems to be the same as the other wiggly piece of wire at the right hand side. (just a loop of wire with 2 ends covered in sleeving)
All i can think of is the 3 sleeved ends create some sort of bracket to hold something else in place. Or to keep parts from touching each other.

After actually watching the video properly, it does appear that those two bits of metal just holds the thermostat in place
Great thanks a lot for your input. So obviously this bit has nothing to do with the boiler not heating up, I'll check all the wiring connections again.

Reply to Haygain wiring diagram in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net