Discuss hello all :) in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

roboze

hi people,

i`m new to this forum (cant believe i only just found it!!)
well my problem is this.
i been an electrician for 12 years, i`ve worked on raf bases,navy bases, hospitals, schools,new builds, re wires, and looked after winchester prison for 6 months, all for the firm i did my apprenticeship with.

since then i subbied for another firm, then went on the cards mainly doing new builds and rewires etc.

when i was an apprentice i was a young lad, doing what young lads do!!

i`m now been made redundant and want to go out on my own, problem is i have no proof of qualifacations!

i have em, but been with a number a wimen over time anf lost my certificates in the process!

i`m now 31 with 2 kids and a great mrs

so my question is:

any ideas on the course names and numbers i would of done 12 years ago!!

so i can get copies of my certificates and set up my own?

the company i did my apprenticship with as folded

any help much appreciated

cheers

ROB:cool:

would just call up gity and guilds and ask them for copies of the certificates you passed. Will probably have to pay for duplicates but i'm sure they have everything on record or else how could they ever cross-reference whether someone was legit or not.

Replacements are available , however, you will need to know course numbers and year that you sat the exam.

City & Guilds charge £35 a certificate, BUT they do not guarantee a result.

As far as im aware, they do not cross reference anyone for being legit. They want your money!:D

12 years ago would be 2360 pts 1 & 2 AM1 and AM2 (i think).

To do the 17th update course you will need proof of your 2360 etc.

To do the 3/5 day 17th edition course, then no quals are required.

When you have this update, you can join any of the 5 schemes.

You will need a whole host of stuff including calibrated test equip, PL insuarnce, various books etc etc.

Best do one thing at a time and sort your quals!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to hello all :) in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock