Discuss Hello everyone, from Blackwood in Wales in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi everyone, total DIYer here, have a healthy respect for electrics, I stay away and call in the pros, this feels like a good place to find them and chat with them about bits and pieces.

My first question I'll post shortly, it's just about renting a 3 phase generator and trying to get the sizing right.

Matt

Welcome to the mad house. I'm over in Pontypridd (well, I'm in Hull at the moment, I work away). I used to work near Blackwood in South Wales Transformers in Pontllanfraith in a previous life.

Just read your other post. What are you using your lathe for? I served my time many (MANY!!) years ago as a toolmaker. I always prefered lathe work to all other machining.

Just read your other post. What are you using your lathe for? I served my time many (MANY!!) years ago as a toolmaker. I always prefered lathe work to all other machining.
Very much a hobbyist and for classic car type work. Although given the absolute ball ache I'm going through to get the Colchester powered up to test, I'm considering jacking that in and buying a single phase Myford Super 7 or some such, just takes away so much of a headache.

You doing up a classic then?

My bosses son does up old Minis. Strange coincidence, he lives in Blackwood. Don't worry about your sons car, it's a BMW ?
You don't want an old Bedford CF motorhome do you? I've got one rusting on my drive.

My bosses son does up old Minis. Strange coincidence, he lives in Blackwood. Don't worry about your sons car, it's a BMW ?
You don't want an old Bedford CF motorhome do you? I've got one rusting on my drive.
That's an odd coincidence indeed!

I just mentioned your motorhome to my current wife... she made her feelings quite clear :D

Just tell how many holidays she could go on once it's fixed. It is a LOT of work though. The wooden frame work is almost totally rotten ☹️

It used to be on the road then water got in and started rotting the frame. I did start to do it up but it's just been stood on the drive for around 10 years and it's now just used as a shed. Also got a 2000 Vauxhall Vectra 2.5 CDX that's going the same way. Clutch slave cylinder went, I bought another car to use until I could fix the Vectra but that hasn't moved for around the same time. I work away most of the time so just no time to do anything.

It used to be on the road then water got in and started rotting the frame. I did start to do it up but it's just been stood on the drive for around 10 years and it's now just used as a shed. Also got a 2000 Vauxhall Vectra 2.5 CDX that's going the same way. Clutch slave cylinder went, I bought another car to use until I could fix the Vectra but that hasn't moved for around the same time. I work away most of the time so just no time to do anything.
Know that feeling. My first mini just dissolved, so I have another now, that needs re-shelling really, but I'll do that work myself, when I find time. Remote working has freed me up to take this stuff on. Not travelling 200 miles a day anymore is liberating. That and the kids moved out...

Well, if you want to adopt I've got a 22 year old and a 16 year old I want to get rid of ?

Reply to Hello everyone, from Blackwood in Wales in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock