Discuss Help! Am2 coming up and need help with the s plan in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi everyone, my am2 is fast approaching and i need help with understanding how s plan wiring works. I understand the different parts in the system and how its wired but i cant seem to figure out how the solar sustainable element fits into the system. Also can anyone let me know anything else i should look out for during my am2. Many thanks in advance

Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Zdb

-
You get given the diagram in the exam so as long as you stick to it and use the correct type/size cable that's stated you will be fine.

25th Feb 2019 original post, would expect he has sat his exam by now? I will admit I have looked at central heating wiring for non modulating boilers and simple enough, but as soon as a modulating boiler is involved then it starts to get complex.

Turning off a modulating boiler because your going out to work, or going to bed is simple enough, but what you don't want is to turn a boiler off/on by an external control rather than let the internal controls modulate the boiler.

What we want is a thermostat which will not cause the boiler to cycle on/off either the TRV wants to control through the water temperature or by connection to the ebus of the boiler. Better if latter is used, so you can only use one ebus thermostat on a boiler, so if split into zones, then the two thermostats has to be some how blended or changed according to if one or two zones are used.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Help! Am2 coming up and need help with the s plan in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom