Discuss Help! Employing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparky198421

Hi there just wondering if there are many owners of small electrical companies out there willing to give me some guidance i have been running my company for 4-5 years now. All is going well and i get alot of work to much for just me alone i am turning down work left right and center which i hate!!! I have tried a number of electricains and mates but none of them seem to be any good i always pay well and treat them well but i get nothing out of them. Im starting to wonder if its because there on a day rate, im concidering making my work price work now hoping this may give a better incentive. The only trouble is that most of my work is for joe public so margins are tight any ideas??

Thank you
Paul

Have you considered paying them a "bonus" based on the monthly or quarterly profits?

Never really crossed my mind to be honest but thats a good shout!! it would motivate me so im sure it would someone else! Will have to look into what kind of figure would be reasonable!

Thank You
Paul

It depends on the type of work you do. If you are doing conduit for example, it's easy to see if it been done correctly. If it's new build housing, it could be a couple of months before errors emerge. And the guy who did the work could be long gone

where about in the UK do you work?

echo that. i'm sure there are some of us near to you that could do with some extra work.

Im based in southampton and all of the work is around that area! Most of the work we do is domestic rewires, consumer units and circuit alterations nothing challenging just needs to be someone that is gonna look after customers and get the job done. Just surprised there isn't more good sparks available in this climate!!

Im based in southampton and all of the work is around that area! Most of the work we do is domestic rewires, consumer units and circuit alterations nothing challenging just needs to be someone that is gonna look after customers and get the job done. Just surprised there isn't more good sparks available in this climate!!

If I were you I'd be clearly out my PM inbox as I suspect you'll get a few messages very soon!

Well i can't put a link can i but if you google imagine electrical you can get my email! If i can find some guys i can trust on here then all the better Murdoch!!

Reply to Help! Employing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net