Search the forum,

Discuss help identifying this cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

plkdelta

hi all, and thanks in advance.

Now I know nothing about electronics hence, this may sound a silly question.....

Having helped my brother on a recent renovation project, we came across this cable. (pictured)

Before we throw it in the skip, I'm wondering if there's any scrap value in it.

it says on it 11000v delta Enfield electric cable if that helps.

cheers all

apologies. I couldn't het the pic up. anyone know how I can do that?

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't see picture but you're unlikely to find a 11kv cable in a domestic property

Wouldn't touch it if I were you, the police have started marking it to catch scrap thieves......also if it's still on you'll need a new set of eye brows and maybe a few organs if you cut it and it's still live

I couldn't het the pic up. anyone know how I can do that?

Phil
What error did you get when you tried to upload the picture? Maybe it's too large, there's some limits on the filesizes of attachments and uploads.

If you can absolutely conclusively prove where it came from and that you were entitled to take it and you KNOW that it's dead then take it to your local scrap merchant. As long as you can prove you had the right to take it the boys in blue will take little interest.
If you don't know it's dead leave well alone or you may well be.

Reply to help identifying this cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, adult learner retraining and sorry if this is in the wrong place but I need help. my provider are being very cards against their chest...
Replies
Views
I installed outdoor lighting and outlets. I finished this past year. I passed my inspection on April 2022. I was so pleased, BUT now the circuit...
Replies
Views
Hi guys sorry in advance for the long read, I have just started a renovation project in Hampstead on a second floor flat. Luckily the flat is a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me identify this odd plug / connector. We bought a second hand dresser and it has a spotlight...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I would like some advice and recommendations for an affordable cable calculating software package for some projects i will be taking on...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock