Discuss Help me in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sarni307

im struggling for work at the moment and was talking to a plumber who had a load of work he could give me. but i like to think im a half decent domestic installer but my knowledge of heating systems etc is VERY limited ( try to avoid it where posiable) but in the current climate "begers cant be chosers" does anyone know of a course or somthing where i can gain some installation/fault finding knowledge on these systems? any sudgestions on this matter will be gratefully recived many thanks
sarni307

Hi Sarni
I know connaught training (formally necta)do a course on these systems worth a look you may find other providers that also offer them.
Regards
Kung.

thanks kung is there a web site you know of or if i do a google search will i find it?

thanks again

Hi.

Another option to try and familiarise yourself with diagrams is to visit well known manufacturers websites i.e worcester, vaillant, glow-worm, heatrae sadia etc and look at the diagrams for their systems online. This should give you a feel for the system wiring.

Cheers:)

i fyou where a half decent domestic installer a simple heating system shouldnt cause you any concern

i dont think that was of much help lol but the football just annoyed me most heating systems come with wiring diagrams for each piece of equipment so get all of that together speak to the plumber and ask him what the system is going to do placement and function of valves etc then have a sit down and draw yourself a diagram once you've done 1 they're all pretty much the same with slight variations hth ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
heating controls seem really complicated at first but if you can follow a wiring diagram, you got em beat.failing that call technical support. work's work fella.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sarni,
Have a look at the Honeywell heating Controls website http://www.honeywelluk.com/default.aspx

Click on Support Services and then the TRAINING option on the drop down menu and follow your nose - lots of useful info to get started with. You'll probably need to register to use some parts of the site - but that's a 2 minute doddle.

Also Honeywell run a 1 day installer intro course around the country. You should see the dates/location down the left side of the Training page . Cost is £35 and is a great intro to controls and the different types of systems and plans. You get theory and hands on and are given some really useful takeaway info packs - plus the guys say you can always call them up if you get stuck.

Best of luck. Better to be busy than watching Countdown.

Cheers

Will

im struggling for work at the moment and was talking to a plumber who had a load of work he could give me. but i like to think im a half decent domestic installer but my knowledge of heating systems etc is VERY limited ( try to avoid it where posiable) but in the current climate "begers cant be chosers" does anyone know of a course or somthing where i can gain some installation/fault finding knowledge on these systems? any sudgestions on this matter will be gratefully recived many thanks
sarni307[/Q]

Once you get the click as we call it here where you understand how electicity works you will be able to work out anything circuit wise within reason, No need for a course, you will just be able to sit down and work it out, how long have you been in the trade? and are you gaining experience via a mentor?

Reply to Help me in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock