Discuss HELP! need advice about apprenticeship in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You have a better chance than someone over the age of 24.
The qualifications you have should stand you in good stead to be taken on as the company get get useful work done with you immediately.
There is a bias toward school leavers that would set you back but not too far.
Unfortunately the number of apprenticeships out there is limited so it would take hard work tracking down a suitable position but it should not be out of reach.
Overall you are in a reasonably good position to be able to get an apprenticeship, if any are available.

(probably not worth posting the same question twice)

I was looking into that but people was saying it was better to do an apprenticeship

I did my level 2 2330 when I was 24. I had the opportunity to go college at 16 but chose to go in the air force instead. Now I wish I just went to college.
The government throw money at employers to take on apprentices (19-24) and once onboard and you prove you are good and trustworthy you'll most likely get 17th edition and 2394 & 2395 (testing & inspection) paid for by the company you work for. Write a covering letter and send with cv out to every electrical firm in your area. You'll prob only hear from 10% and out of that 10% prob only 1.5% will ask you to attend an interview. Also ask local one man band sparks if you can work for them for free (maybe get them to pay for lunch and travel) to build up experience and a good reference for employers. Try and build up a tool kit aswel.
Also go to your local college and see if they have employers lined up for students on the nvq 3. Apart from that there's not a lot more you can do but do everything you can now before your 24 and funding is like a lake in the sahara -non existent.
Best of luck pal

I was looking into that but people was saying it was better to do an apprenticeship

Yes it is always better if you can go the apprentice route, however it's not always possible, and it would seem your doing things right by getting your certs rather than a short course.As above maybe try contacting a few local firms and get a feel for what they have got to offer.

Reply to HELP! need advice about apprenticeship in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock