Discuss Help needed am2 exam coming in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi mate.. I'm having my AM2 next week starting Monday and not feeling very confident with my fault finding ability and few more bits.. Like IR Test, Pfc, .. By any chance can you send me the bits you have for the AM2? Much appreciated and Thank you for your help!
Hi could you send me the details for the am2
Hi Simon,

Not sure if you have sat your AM2 yet? If not I sat mine 2 weeks ago and luckily managed to pass 1st time. I have quite a bit of info on it if your interested (or anyone else).

Let me know and I either post or PM me and I will email you the info.

However the most stressful bits was the fault finding, there are 7 faults (you have to get 5). Mine were

1. RCBO keeps tripping. Ring Main - Short circuit between Neutral & Earth. You have to tell them between what two points, how you would rectify, and the tests you would perform to ensure the fix.

2. Light circuit not working - No continuity on neutral, again between what points, fix and test(s).

3. Motor not working - No continuity on neutral from CU to starter. Again fix and test(s).

4. Data fault short between pins 7 & 8. in your pack you will have the user guide to the test meter. This will show a list of all the faults the unit can detect with what lights up for each fault. Again fix and test(s).

5. Gas bonding - reading was 2.58 ohms. Not within the 0.05 ohms expected. Again fix and test(s).

6. 16A 3 phase socket had low IR reading, from socket back to isolator. Between all phases and Earth, also between All phases & neutral. Again fix and test(s).

7. CH not working although programmer calling for heat and room thermostat calling for heat. I had no continuity from Room thermostat L2 to pin 14 (i think) on DIN rail. Again fix and test(s).

Follow the spec in the pack and you should be ok. If during Test and Inspection you find any problems, you are allowed to fix.

Don't panic with the S plan. It is the easiest part of the install. Point to point and lots of it is pre-wired allow at least an hour. They do require you to use ferrules on the flex cables as easier to push into the DIN rail.

Good luck hope this helps.
coild you send me your info is possible please?

Just the fault finding details ideally? Or do you know the course?
The fault finding is different for every single person as they randomly draw faults and recreate them on a board although they are all extremely easy to find your marked on how you find them and how you explain it. It is all about method and less about luck. I believe its just an am2 preparation/ refresher course run by training providers.

Last edited:

Reply to Help needed am2 exam coming in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock