Discuss Help Please - Altech Motorised Valve & Horstman Hrt3 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

kkkkk

-
Reaction score
Hello people

I have been called to a job after the plumber has left, and there is a cable with 6 wires coming from an Altech motorised valve model ALTHC010 - the wires are brown, blue, green/yellow, plus orange, grey and white - this is sticking up out of the floor.

Then I have been given a preused Horstman HRT3 Thermostat, and asked to install it in a different room than where the other cable is situated.

Neither of these items have any literature whatsoever - can anyone help on the electrical installation please?

Thanks very much in advance :)

on the thermostat 1 is common, 3 breaks on temp rise and 4 is neutral. The valve brown switch live from control, blue neutral, green/yellow earth, orange switch live to heat source, grey perm live and white not normally used unless you have a gravity/C plan set up.

edit: just noticed you sorted it ;)

Hi Dan and Leesparkykent, found that the thermostat was broken - so purchased a new one, which had 1 common, 4 I didn't need and 3 switched live, connecting the neutrals separately to each other independent of the stat, and same with the earths; the valve wires - brown switched live, blue neutral, green/yellow earth - orange and grey not necessary for the system, twinned together, and white not needed, so dead ended. Couldn't find the info for the motorised valve anywhere - apparently it had been used before - so I phoned the company, who gave me the necessary advice. (Incidentally the system did not need to connect to anything other than the motorised valve, hot water was permanent, and permanently pumped and stat was to solely control the valve.) Thanks for your info :) :)

Reply to Help Please - Altech Motorised Valve & Horstman Hrt3 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net