Discuss help............ in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

irnbru

Hi i`m looking to take a electrical course and i need help ....
I`m concern that when I finish my intensive course and pay lots of money i`m not going to find a electrical company to employ me because of no experience. So before I make a mistake.... can anybody tell me if there is a company that will take me in (as a novice) after i finish the course or before i`m not fussed i just want to get a job in this industry . And hopefully around the London south east area. many thanks.

its hard to say...given the hard market of late even time-served sparkies are struggling a little to find work, it it a bit of a risk to outlay a lot of money with no guarenteed work coming at the end of it.

The last thing you want (or the indusrty wants) is a lot of people like yourself (please dont take offence) who after some theoretical training feel pressured into starting up on their own to make ends meet and biting off a hell of a lot more than they can chew.

Many companies are very wary of employing people with no practical experience even with some training (even if at college gaining long term certification ie 2330 etc) so please be aware that the chances of you being taken on are slim and even if you do the money will be poor for some time.

The normal route to getting into the industry is to find employment as an apprentice or trainee/mate and attend college for several years whilst in employment, lots on here have gone that way and it has taken a lot of searching/hard graft to find their positions.

I hope this post does'nt sound patronising as I have a lot of repect for anyone trying to better themselves and get into the business i am just trying to give you some advice.

good luck with anything you decide to do, if I can be any more help let me know

Reply to help............ in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock