Discuss Help! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

twiggy

hi, im sue, trainee electrician. started college in september, got wicked results for practical work, and my unit 2 mock exams, and a distinction for my 2330 201! so why cant i get a job?

what jobs are you applying for ie electrician/mate /apprentice??

thanks, had an iterview today at the job center but it wasnt much help. think im just goning to phone companies from the yellow pages! offer to do unpaid work to see how the trade works and see where i go from there.

im trying to get in as an electricians mate, or unpaid work for a week or so, just to show that i can do the work.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, im sue, trainee electrician. started college in september, got wicked results for practical work, and my unit 2 mock exams, and a distinction for my 2330 201! so why cant i get a job?

Because your a GIRL.

Only joking... Get on yell.com (or look in the yellow pages) for electricians/contractors in your area. E-mail a covering letter and your CV to them all. Phone them, visit them in person. Sell yourself. Point out your at college etc. Ask friends, friends of friends etc.

Don't give up Sue! Perseverance! You WILL find something in the end.

Congratulations on your grades and welcome to the site.

visit companies in person have a convincing reason why they should employ you over someone else . convince them that you are sincere ,productive ask yourself why not me

Because your a GIRL.

Only joking... Get on yell.com (or look in the yellow pages) for electricians/contractors in your area. E-mail a covering letter and your CV to them all. Phone them, visit them in person. Sell yourself. Point out your at college etc. Ask friends, friends of friends etc.

Don't give up Sue! Perseverance! You WILL find something in the end.

Congratulations on your grades and welcome to the site.
thank you for your advise, i was at a lose last week but since i've joined this forum i'm reliaing that its not just me who has trouble geyying into the trade lol.
next week i am going to get on to all the companies i can, by phone, email and in person!!
i'll keep you updated!!
wish me luck

Glad to have been of assistance.

Keep us posted how you get on and good luck.

use, peach carded paper, to put ur cv and cover letter on it. It'll grab there attendtion, try to mail merge it too, so their address is on the letter. I sent 350 off, got 1 interview, 1 phone call, and then a job with someone else. It is hard but keep trying!!!

Reply to Help! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock