Discuss Hot tub volt drop in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If you listen carefully you might hear a collective groan as this subject has been discussed a lot recently!
Brief comments:
Option 1 is compliant but has issues. I used to do this but wouldn't now. See recent thread on tingly feet when getting out if you want a long read. [Also IET Guidance Note 7 (Special Locations) does have stuff about hot tubs outside coming under Section 702, as a recommendation)
Option 2 - What I'd do.
Option 3 - Also Fine but I'm missing the gain over option 2 - complete pot luck which RCD would go? If you could avoid upstream RCD this would clinch option 2 for me.

Thanks for your reply, its much appreciated.

i understand the groans and i have spent a lot of time reading the other threads and various other documents trying to find the best option, also spoke to other electricians and everyone seems to have a different view.

I agree with you on option 2 being the better option and most probably what i will go for TBH unless anyone has a reason why this wouldn't be acceptable.

Thanks

Can i get away with 6mm SWA on a 50m run for a 32a supply to a hot tub? Cable will be burried.

I believe its very close to being over the 5% max Permitted?

Whats your thoughts, should i go up to 10mm?

Thanks
What do your cable calcs tell you? if of course you have bothered doing any.

Reply to Hot tub volt drop in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The earthing arrangement where the hot tub will be installed is formed in the TN-C-S system. I want to install the sub-main distribution circuit...
Replies
Views
Hi. Im looking for some advice when calculating submain cables. Basically there is a new connection of 80Amps that is to be used for a dwelling...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys So I've never installed a hot tub supply before so take it easy on me. I've spent a bit of time researching it myself and its a minefield...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for some advice, 6mm swa allready installed to a hot tub Client now wants additions and my calcs say the original swa is allready too...
Replies
Views
Ok i may get slated for this one but here goes; A bit of background info first. Its been a while since ive looked at my iee regs, and ive not...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock