Discuss Houses in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did'nt Cameron promise 80'000 new homes by 2015 a few years ago? I'll take his words with a pinch of salt on this statement of 200,000 lol.

All Politicians of ALL colours haven't got a fxcking clue.

Sack ALL of them who haven't had a job in the private sector for a minimum of 15 years, and also who don't live, full time with their family, in the Constituancy they represent!

The problem is the majority of people generally can only just get buy with what they earn with no extra cash to spare at the end of the month so haven't got a hope in hell of ever saving for a deposit for a mortgage. Building 100,000 affordable homes or how ever many still doesn't make it affordable to the people who can't get a deposit together.

All the parties except ukip have promised to build tri-billions of homes, My bet is ukip will say why would we need them, after we exit the eu there will be a surplus.

All Politicians of ALL colours haven't got a fxcking clue.

Sack ALL of them who haven't had a job in the private sector for a minimum of 15 years, and also who don't live, full time with their family, in the Constituancy they represent!

You don't rate Ed Miliband too highly then? :)

I can build more houses than you.
It's like a primary school playground!

BBC News - Cameron promises 200,000 starter homes if Tories win election
"Homes", not "houses".
Saying you want to build (or want to "see" ) however many hundreds of thousands of new homes is all good and well, but the problems come when you try to find somewhere to build them, and building the infrastructure to support them.

An alternative solution might be to reduce the amount of people, however this might involve curbing immigration (controversial), discouraging people who can't support children from having them in the first place (controversial), or encouraging people to downsize to a property that is only as large as they need (controversial).

Simply building an unrealistic amount of new properties seems to be the least controversial way of solving a problem which many seem unprepared to accept exists.
It seems to me less of a case of which party is the most ambitious, more which are the biggest liars.

In London they are building blocks of flats in back driveways to shops. My local has just been closed and sold to build a block of flats. Pretty soon there will be no social meeting places/parks/gardens it will just be blocks and blocks of flats and the highly paid council leaders will benefit from the extra council income.

In London they are building blocks of flats in back driveways to shops. My local has just been closed and sold to build a block of flats. Pretty soon there will be no social meeting places/parks/gardens it will just be blocks and blocks of flats and the highly paid council leaders will benefit from the extra council income.

All with signs attached the hoarding saying "Part funded by mayor of London".

"Homes", not "houses".
Saying you want to build (or want to "see" ) however many hundreds of thousands of new homes is all good and well, but the problems come when you try to find somewhere to build them, and building the infrastructure to support them.

An alternative solution might be to reduce the amount of people, however this might involve curbing immigration (controversial), discouraging people who can't support children from having them in the first place (controversial), or encouraging people to downsize to a property that is only as large as they need (controversial).

Simply building an unrealistic amount of new properties seems to be the least controversial way of solving a problem which many seem unprepared to accept exists.
It seems to me less of a case of which party is the most ambitious, more which are the biggest liars.

I have an even more controversial approach ... lifelong commitment to one partner meaning less 'single partner' households! I am sorry if I offend.

... and no second 'holiday' homes!

Every time my council build a block of flats they introduce resident parking zones which you have to purchase a permit for, otherwise you cannot park your vehicle.

Specs, are there any petrol stations left in Central London? (haven't been for a while)
My London mate reckoned a few years back, that they were all being sold off for the land, at massively inflated prices, WAY more than they'd make running a gas station.

The 'affordable' homes are not big enough for families. And there are not enough buses/trains or trams. Ohh and no one wants to become a GP anymore. Dentists are a small fortune and you are better off on the dole than you are working.

All the petrol station are car washes these days. Building on the land is difficult because of the underground storage tanks.

Still, nice to get an air freshener with a platinum wash.

Reply to Houses in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net