Discuss How is this Electrical Plan for 6m kitchen ext in London? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Could you please give advise on the suitability of this plan for the kitchen extension (based on the UK regs)?

Thanks.
Electrical Wiring.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The first two items… is there a reason for the 6mm when on a 16A ?
Future proofing? So you can have a bigger appliance someday and just update the breaker?

Also, replace MCB with RCBO.

The first two items… is there a reason for the 6mm when on a 16A ?
Future proofing? So you can have a bigger appliance someday and just update the breaker?

Also, replace MCB with RCBO.
Exactly the reason behind 6mm cable. Thinking if an appliance is changed to higher wattage one in future, there will be no need to change the cable.

Noted about the RCBO.

Anything else?

Thanks.

It will be all in-door with ambient temp of around 20-25. Could be higher in the summer days but I am thinking no higher than 40-42 if we consider last year`s all-time-high. I can`t think of any other factors here that would have an effect.

Perhaps 1.0mm could be used for the LED pancake spots and for the electric skylights.

Is this your own plan or your electrician's?

At face value it's far removed from what I might consider if wiring a new kitchen, but I haven't visited the property and have no idea why various decisions might have been made.

Is this your own plan or your electrician's?

At face value it's far removed from what I might consider if wiring a new kitchen, but I haven't visited the property and have no idea why various decisions might have been made.
Hi, I understand there is no such thing here as one-size-fits-all. But in your opinion what makes it far-removed from a relatively standard new kitchen? What would you do differently?

(BTW, I didn`t ignore your question about the plan. I haven`t answered so that your next reply is not biased :) )

I've no idea if it's far removed from a relatively standard new kitchen, primarily because I don't wire many kitchens, and commented that it was far removed from what I might consider.

Where it differs from the most recent kitchen I have wired would be cable sizes, protective devices, number of circuits, appliances connected to a ring final circuit and means of isolation for certain appliances.

I also mentioned that I haven't visited the property in question and there may be valid reasons why various decisions have been made.

I've no idea if it's far removed from a relatively standard new kitchen, primarily because I don't wire many kitchens, and commented that it was far removed from what I might consider.

Where it differs from the most recent kitchen I have wired would be cable sizes, protective devices, number of circuits, appliances connected to a ring final circuit and means of isolation for certain appliances.

I also mentioned that I haven't visited the property in question and there may be valid reasons why various decisions have been made.
Thanks.

Without having additional information on this property, what would you change based on the most recent kitchen you have wired?

Good luck on terminating 6mm in a 13a FSU in a 25mm pattress............

Reply to How is this Electrical Plan for 6m kitchen ext in London? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net