Discuss How many of us are un-employed?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

lol only joking i am for one. today entering my fourth week of unemployment. been on the net and the phone to all agencys and nobody has any work on. keep saying phone back in two weeks, every two ******* weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
Count my oldest lad in......he got laid off from sparky comp 1 week before xmas..

4th year apprentice as well.....final exam in march..

Dan
Have just changed jobs, have got me qualifications but I'm not expecting companies to cry out for me. However, anyone round Hartley Wintney (Nr Basingstoke) wanting a Sparky then let me know.

Feel a bit sorry for everone who's threatened with their jobs, but with the economy at the minute, id be worried.... For me, im in third year apprenticship with little commitments at the moment, and myself threatened with unemployment.. I think soon enough im gonna be out of a job and riding the storm. I think im going to have to prioritise my level 3 qualification and sit out 5 months until i quallify. The who knows?, temp factory job or something until it picks up... Scary future ahead..
Hope everyone finds their feet soon...:)

The company i work for employed a new electrician last monday who had the perfect cv and references but had been unemployed for about 6 months. Basic of £450 a week with company vehicle and power tools (new Makita 18v kit and 24v hammer drill). He was employed to install a clock and stat in 2 domestic council properties a day. Easy work but some stinking houses dodgy tennants. He quit on the wednesday because of the houses and tennants. Some people never happy.

Kinda makes you think he liked being unemployed:confused: I would take any job if i had to

The company i work for employed a new electrician last monday who had the perfect cv and references but had been unemployed for about 6 months. Basic of £450 a week with company vehicle and power tools (new Makita 18v kit and 24v hammer drill). He was employed to install a clock and stat in 2 domestic council properties a day. Easy work but some stinking houses dodgy tennants. He quit on the wednesday because of the houses and tennants. Some people never happy.

Too right m8 Reading council wanted 2 full rewires a week in 3 bed houses didnt he know you take the ruff with the smooth ? doenut ! quick tip that i do is always carry a small pot of VIX in your pocket that way smells dont affect you lol. learned that one from a mortition. works every time and if its good enuf to combat rottin flesh smells its good enuf to combat smelly socks etc.:)

Reply to How many of us are un-employed?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock