Discuss I Phone or Android in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I like the iPhone SE, don’t like the size of the 7,8,10 x and what ever it’s got to, hate Android but that’s just how I feel after having a couple android phones, much nicer is to not have a phone and just shout at each other

I hate change so I’ll always stick to apple.

Android for me but I'm a bit of a geek. The trouble I find is that Apple device's are pretty restricted, of course the plus side of this is stability.
Android device's generally have higher specs and a larger selection of apps however because anyone can upload an app then unfortunately some are poorly written, not all apps are coded very well some cause memory leaks which can waste that extra ram and processing power up.

Depends on what you like I suppose. But IMO what's the point of buying a sports car that has a speed restriction installed.

hate apple.i have an ipad and if i want to send anything from laptop to ipad, i need to install apple itunes to do it. i got round it though by emailing to myself from laptop, then opening email on ipad and downloading the attachment. pretty cool for a guy with less knowledge of computers than that of the Borg mentality.

Family all have iPhone. I have resisted, mainly due to not liking anything Apple since iTunes took over my computer years ago. All the stuff that you used to be only able to do on iPhone is now available on Android. I was a windows phone man for several years, but gave up recently as the support has gone, but they were so simple and easy to use...Android now, and I have seen the light! Plus, for work, buy a simple one outright...if it gets busted, so what? Storage is on the cloud. £200 gets you a great phone, go SIM only and laugh at your friends who struggle with data management...plus, no one is ever going to steal it! LOL! Some brilliant deals out there on SIM only...I get everything I need, calls, texts, messages, data, roaming abroad (Europe)...everything for £1/day...
I don't download movies or use masses of data otherwise, but for £1/day it makes sense...Android, and you have a choice!!! You know it makes sense...
I have Microsoft One drive, for free.
Use it on my PC and Apple devices, and on the Samsung tablet I had.

Just my two cents worth... made the switch to the Samsung s8 nearly 2 years ago. From being with iPhones for 7 or 8 years. Took a while to adjust, and transferred all my iPhone data using smart switch. But now from being with samsung for a while. I cant fault them. I have an upgrade due soon and most definitely wont be going back to an iPhone.

For what it's worth,from a man who collects books,and still writes letters....i joined the 21st century,and got a Samsung S9,me lad has a S10. The camera and video capabilities,are dazzling,slow-mo and 3-D take a bit practice,but very impressed.

Some of my work is very physical,so got the best case/front,i could....Otterbox and Alphaglass i think.....it was £45 well spent :)

They all need wet nursing,with charging,like a needy new-born,are annoying in the extreme when glitching...but as long as you don't 100% rely on them,and know they promise much,and deliver little....you just get busy living...:)

still using my steam powered S6. does the job, no fuss. also makes a good dash cam, but hammers the battery faster than the car charger can cope.

LG G4. I'm happy with it.
Sim only, £5 month, unlimited texts & data. 100 mins call time.

Peasants, retro is King,

Attachments

• I Phone or Android Screenshot 2019-06-30 at 08.44.22 - EletriciansForums.net
    Screenshot 2019-06-30 at 08.44.22.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 6
They are in essence all the same but for the look and feel (not design or flair - whatever but how you have gotten used to it) - They are just manufacturers making money. I've always used Apple from the first iPhone I am embedded in that particular walled garden - including the use of a iMac and MacBook. Some of the apps have been expensive and moving would be expensive to re-purchase the apps. However, I do use android smartphone as my work phone - cheap as chips from Tesco. It's fine and a bargain - I fear not for dropping and breaking. BUT... the transition from one to the other is sometimes awkward and frustrating, probably more from iPhone to Android, so be aware.

I have Android but will not be upgrading in the next few years

Android have disabled the ACR call recording facility on the new Android 9 Pi update.
I have an app that stops updates and it is set to block the software update.

I use call recording a lot (I do a lot of landlord work) and I find it good to jog memories of landlords.

Think this sums it up.
Samsung / Android all day long.

I Phone or Android 9fcfcfee929370724383eef8e88bfc45 - EletriciansForums.net

I wouldn't touch Apple with yours.
Massively over-pricing rip off merchants.
Now here’s a thing. Where are the Samsung stores? Apple stores offer help, advice and training all for free - you can even make an appointment to discuss something. They are not on commission and don’t force any sale. They appear to be the only hardware manufacturer that creates their own OS - goggle are quite new and before that Sun Sparc stations (marvellous machines). Microsoft doesn’t make hardware - except maybe the Xbox. Apple are expensive but their support and infrastructure is second to none and this costs hence the higher price. Before the iPhone, Samsung’s all looked like blackberry devices, they copy design. I prefer Apple and have done since the 80’s - I have 3 original Macintosh’s - they still work at 30+ years old. I remember going into an Apple Store when nobody else was in it, that’s the only change I dislike, they are full now! Don’t get me wrong I like Android, it’s fine and if it falls out of a loft, I’ll pop to Tesco and buy another but I’ll keep my iPhone.

Reply to I Phone or Android in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock