Discuss I'll start this week's in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes, sorry it does say 16 and not 14.

The statement of:- " if having a meal in an area set aside for this purpose." The purpose of eating or the purpose for 16 year old to order drinks? Cant see many pubs setting aside an area for the latter.

There doesn't have to be a specific area set out for the consumption of alcohol by those aged 16 and 17 whilst eating table meals, however a licenced premesis may have specific stipulations in their premesis licence.

A 16 or 17 year old can never under any circumstances order alcohol. It has to be purchased by a person over the age of 18 and it can only be consumed by the 16 or 17 year old if they are eating a table meal and are under the constant supervision of the person aged 18 or over.

" A 16 year old can buy and consume beer, port, cider or perry (but not spirits) in a pub if having a meal in an area set aside for this purpose."

Only going by what their web site says, dont think its correct myself.

"A 16 year old can buy and consume beer, port, cider or perry (but not spirits) in a pub if having a meal in an area set aside for this purpose."

Only going by what their web site says, dont think its correct myself.

Yeah, it's wrong mate. I learned the licensing act by rote when I got my personal licence.

Yes, sorry it does say 16 and not 14.

The statement of:- " if having a meal in an area set aside for this purpose." The purpose of eating or the purpose for 16 year old to order drinks? Cant see many pubs setting aside an area for the latter.

That law's been in place for decades but its up the Landlord if they want to allow it.

I can't believe most off you
So legalise drugs make it easier to start and more people will start more people won't work cos once it's got it's hooks into you all you think about is drugs and where do I get my next fix you do.t want to work you can't work so let's make it easier

More like let's make it harder on the shuts who sell it no it's no buts it's attempted murder

I can't believe most off you m
So legalise drugs make it easier to start and more people will start more people won't work cos once it's got it's hooks into you all you think about is drugs and where do I get my next fix you do.t want to work you can't work so let's make it easier

More like let's make it harder on the shuts who sell it no it's no buts it's attempted murder

Also in an earlier thread about immigration and you were saying the government were paying for cars and taxis for immigrants and you said wives tales etc
Josie Cunningham a class a scrounger
2014 claims free taxis courtesy of the taxpayer as she is to infamous to get public transport £6000 she claimed and your saying it's all second hand rumours ! ! !

The idea that if someone starts with a joint now and again they'll automatically end up with a needle in their testicles because all their other veins have collapsed has been proven to be as ridiculous as the concept of granny having a small sherry and ending up under a bridge with a bottle of meths turning tricks. Gateway drugs don't exist, if you have an addictive personality you will end up addicted to something, it really is that simple.
At present the drugs trade is worth an estimated £8 billion. That's eight thousand million pounds being pushed into criminal hands and being used to finance ......
You'd rather that continue?
Other countries have legalised drugs, Portugal for example, and have seen rates of addictions, hospitalisations, secondary infections such as HIV fall. What do you say to that?
There'll always be a black market but better to have things like this regulated and controlled so that purity standards, production standards can be checked is the way forward.
Cannabis resin samples have been tested and found to contain engine oil and dog faeces. That would not happen if proper standards were in force.

I say your talking rubbish ,speak to lots of people and smoking has started them on the route towards harder drugs
Make penalties harder lots lots harder it's that simple
How can you condone drugs

Yet experiments by experts say you're wrong!
Draconian penalties don't work because people will still do it. Some people are curious just because they're told that it's wrong/bad for them/incredibly naughty/dangerous etc etc. Take that away and you've removed some of the mystique so a lot will no longer be interested.
Now, where did I say that I'm condoning drug use? You'll struggle to find anything like that written by me. What I am condoning is regulation of an industry, make no mistake it is an industry, which puts money into criminal hands. Money which could be used for good rather than bad. How many cops/nurses/teachers would £8 billion finance?
Once again, I'll ask a question that you dodged. Portugal legalised drugs use and saw rates of addiction, hospitalisation and secondary infection such as HIV fall. What is your argument against that?

You say supplying a controlled drug is attempted murder, by the same "logic" the bloke in The County who sold me a pint when I finished work today also is guilty of attempted murder. He had no idea of how the alcohol would affect me, or if I was driving, or if I was a psychopath, or a wife beater.
Noe did he ask.

Sorry had a drink tonight and and
I we.t to look at a job beginning of the week so had a look some how didn't fancy it but next day the man rang me , said sorry will ring tomorrow so I did I rang twice but it was always an answer machine well up the pub and my 18 year old has rang me
This pikey git has rang my house had a go at my 11 year old daughter who secured has given enough the phone to my 18 year old daughter
I am so so so angry I wanna go round there but I'd get knicked or have 20 pikey bullies banging on my door .. . . I am raving

Portugal one country no nhs and where do these facts come from ! ! His is quite prevalent in this country already and can't just be blamed on drug users

Mate, nothing you have said has caused any offence ok?
Get the kids sorted, they're the important ones. This will keep.
Don't go round there because you WILL get a kicking. I know it's hard, I have a daughter too (luckily only one, the other kids are proper people :) )
Get the cops involved if you feel it necessary, it's their job not yours.

In theory the idea is good But in practise how would it be. Most of the druggies I see on the streets in one of the areas I work in use crime to support the habit they have. How would these legal drugs be sold, would it reduce crime or increase it. I like the idea of getting rid of so called drug lords but I cannot see an easy way of selling these substances. would we have drug shops on the high st ( sorry) the shops themselves would become targets of the addicts and the area would be full of people hustling you for a fiver for a cup of tea. Its bad enough now with skeleton like girls with no teeth and full of spots promising you a good time for fiver. It's a good idea IF it can be done, but It needs a bit of thought behind it.

Portugal one country no nhs and where do these facts come from ! ! His is quite prevalent in this country already and can't just be blamed on drug users
I don't know whether Portugal has an NHS and I don't care. These are all observable facts which health professionals have put out there.
I know HIV is already here and is quite prevalent, the fastest growing group which is affected is straight early to mid 20s. The second most affected group is intraveinous drug users.
If the rates of the things I mentioned can be cut in a way that does not cost us anything would you not agree that it would be a good thing?
Remember, that £8 billion is only the value of the trade in controlled drugs. How much is spent in police time tracking down and arresting the scum who deal them at present. The courts time in prosecuting them then housing them in jails. The doctors and nurses treating them.

Reply to I'll start this week's in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net