Discuss indesit idc85 tumble dryer in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ly2022

DIY
Reaction score
my 7 yr old idc85 tumble dryer stopped. took it apart and found live wire corroded. lucky it didnt start a fire. anyone seen this before.IMG_20220903_182323.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
seen that loads of times. usually caused by a higher than normal resistance between the connectorand the terminal.this causes heat which in turn increases the resistance so vicious circle till found or worst scenario a fire. usually there's nothing to ignite there so a fire is rare.

seen that loads of times. usually caused by a higher than normal resistance between the connectorand the terminal.this causes heat which in turn increases the resistance so vicious circle till found or worst scenario a fire. usually there's nothing to ignite there so a fire is rare.
thanks for your reply. interesting - is it safe to replace the connector for repair then?

if it's just a connection and does not incorporate a switch, I'd join them with Wago 221's. bypass the existing crap. just ensure that the earth wire is connected to the metalwork.

I suspect this model (IDC85***) will have been part of a Whirlpool Recall of recent years. I would encourage you to check as Whirlpool Group own several brands of machine.

Google searching your machine model number and "recall" may also give favourable results.

I hope for your sake is in the recall so you can get it sorted

Reply to indesit idc85 tumble dryer in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello ! My Indesit YT M11 82X UK tumble dryer starts, then almost immediately stops.Both Lint filters clean, water tank empty, no error codes...
Replies
Views
Hi ... I've made a silly mistake by not taking pics of wiring before starting a tumble dryer belt change. I hope someone can assist. I changed...
Replies
Views
I have a towel dryer on an interior wall in my bathroom, wired off the last stop in my loop of bathroom outlets. This thing has been installed...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, happy new in advance to you all. Wondering if you guys may be able to help with my faulty dryer. My dryer was not spinning anymore...
Replies
Views
I am totally new to fixing things but with the help of YouTube I think I've diagnosed my tumble dryer, now, I'd just like to know what others...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock