Discuss Interesting videos from Bundy in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

He left the installation safer than it was when he found it, fixed a number of issues within limited time constraints and did exactly what (I'm certain) most pragmatists would have done under the circumstances.
Just because it was made safer doesn't mean it's safe.
However he should be condemned for laying hands on an istallation, without immediately bringing it up to current regulatory standards, despite there being no apparent immediate danger?
Arguing that leaving a non-compliant circuit is OK just for the fact that you made if safer, isn't a very good message to send out on an electricians forum

In Mr bundys case, he could have isolated the lights and loaned his mother-in-law one or two of his many battery lights.

If he didn't have time to make it compliant, then maybe getting another electrician in would be more suitable.

Just because it was made safer doesn't mean it's safe.

Arguing that leaving a non-compliant circuit is OK just for the fact that you made if safer, isn't a very good message to send out on an electricians forum

In Mr bundys case, he could have isolated the lights and loaned his mother-in-law one or two of his many battery lights.

If he didn't have time to make it compliant, then maybe getting another electrician in would be more suitable.

Really? I think you're stretching this one a bit to be honest.

@LukeD
I'd love to tell you the full story, but the mods would quite rightly step in!
Let me just say it was a very interesting experience!
Clearly I can't post a link, but this is a thread about interesting videos so I'll just say Fountains Of Wayne and Stacy's Mom...and that'll give you a fair idea!

learned early that whilst all my friends where 'chasing skirt" in a nice Wiltshire town (Marlborough ) Most of these girls mothers where as filthy as the bottom of my tool bag. It was less agro and more fun !
I suppose it's fine until you realise there is no tool bag and your van is gone.

Take that up with Nick Bundy, if indeed he hasn't provided RCD protection (I've no idea if that's the case).
Don't you watch the videos you post ?
If you did, you would be aware of him leaving it without rcd protection.
what evidence is there that he carried out any work in the bathroom - it's not as though he filmed himself doing so and posted it on youtube.
He did exactly what you're saying he didn't do.

They do battery powered motion sensor ceiling lights, that could be used for temporary use.

Perhaps 'they' also sell straws for us to clutch at.

This still going then?

. . . .

Apparently so.

The most innocuous of threads can be the best place to labour pointless observations and still not a single mention of the bodge which necessitated this remedial work.

He was a bathroom fitter, whose comment was related by a 3rd party, defending the fitting of lights in a special location which lacked RCD protection. While you might consider him correct in stating they were LV, I think most people know exactly what was meant.
It was Bundy who said they weren't LV not the plumber.

You really need to watch the videos.

Reply to Interesting videos from Bundy in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net