Currently reading:
Inverter noisy - what other options would you suggest?

Discuss Inverter noisy - what other options would you suggest? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OK update on the original problem.

The Mastervolt was mounted to a solid wall and there's no physically transmitted vibration noise (although if on a board in the loft I would imagine there might be some). The loud noise is from the fan that runs all the time, from a loud/faulty computer fan when producing 10w, up to a quiet hoover when running 2.2Kw.

There's no problem with ventilation or heat build up in the cupboard (I design enclosures for electronic equipment requiring good ventilation!)

Anyway, it was supposed to be changed to a SMA 3000TL, but has now been changed to a Schuco 3000TL (that has already been used to generate 65kWh so not 100% new) and we are assured this is the same model as the SMA 3000TL. Is that correct?

Also they forgot the manual and I can't find one online - can anyone point me at a download please?

Thanks guys

OK update on the original problem.

The Mastervolt was mounted to a solid wall and there's no physically transmitted vibration noise (although if on a board in the loft I would imagine there might be some). The loud noise is from the fan that runs all the time, from a loud/faulty computer fan when producing 10w, up to a quiet hoover when running 2.2Kw.

There's no problem with ventilation or heat build up in the cupboard (I design enclosures for electronic equipment requiring good ventilation!)

Anyway, it was supposed to be changed to a SMA 3000TL, but has now been changed to a Schuco 3000TL (that has already been used to generate 65kWh so not 100% new) and we are assured this is the same model as the SMA 3000TL. Is that correct?

Also they forgot the manual and I can't find one online - can anyone point me at a download please?

Thanks guys

If you PM me your email address I can email you a copy over

Pretty sure but might be wrong but i think the sma 3000tl need to be wired in 4mm and needs an rcd of 100mA then need to be wired in two strings!!!! I have fitted the sma 4000tl and iv had to wire them in 6mm from the spec!!!
For a quiet inverter i would go with the fronius IG tl series or if you want to keep an eye on panels on pc the solar edge inverters are great!!! really quiet but you,d need to ut the solar edge kits on before panels , they are more expensive but the customer would be well impressed!!!

have sent you the user manual. if you need anything else just let me know.

YOZ - I've not used the 3000Tl, tend to use the 3000HF but unless there is a need for an RCD under 17th ed there is no need for an RCD, on this or the 4000TL. I don't think 2 strings would be needed. Why did you think it would be? I haven't checked the inverter stats but would have thought input voltage would be fine on a single string.
4mm cable is fine unless the AC run is long (over about 20m. if it's close to that let me know and I'll do the actual calcs). I'm pretty sure the manual says you can also use 4mm on the 4000TL dependent on the length of the run, but it doesn't give you much length.
The original poster is the customer and they've got what they've been supplied with, a 3000TL

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, are they in 2 strings because of different orientations or shading issues or do they have fairly consistent sunlight accross the whole system? If so they can be wired into a single MPPT inverter no problem assumiong the start up voltage is low enough. If not you need a dual MPPT inverter (I believe the power one 3000OUTD has this, but I've never used one). I would say SMA monitoring is better though IMHO. I've used the power one 3.6 and the monitoring isn't great.

They're all on the same roof and although it has some tree shading that moves across this is only a factor in the (2) months when the sun is very low.
The Schuco 3000TL has two string inputs, as did the original Sunmaster XS3000, so I've assumed that's OK.

Did you get my email? - my ISP 1&1 has had their mailservers tagged as SPAM sources so lots of emails going into recipients webmail junk folders before reaching their Outlook etc :-(

yep, 2 string inputs but only one tracker.
doesn't sound like a major drama in your case.
Looking at the minimum voltage input you'll be fine on the 2 strings
got your email thanks, I would say if this is a rebranded SMA inverter you will be fine with software and bluetooth etc. It's just the colour and name on the box thats different.

Reply to Inverter noisy - what other options would you suggest? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock