Discuss IP and BS Ratings for Zone 2 in a bathroom. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Serkit

DIY
Reaction score
I'm refurbishing our bathroom including a replacement extractor fan and a relocated shaver socket.

I will have a professional electrician fit the new appliances but I wanted to shop around first to see what is avaiable. Dissapointingly not all suppliers give information on appliance ratings.

From my own research I have worked out that all my appliances will be in zone 2. I have found things like IPX4 and BS6158 and BS4573, which seem to relate to these. Can anyone confirm the ratings that I should be asking suppliers about, please?

Things like this are best to discuss with your electrician.
last thing you want is to hand him some parts that in his professional opinion are not suitable.
in that case you would end up with a bill for doing nothing other than turning up and going away.

Reply to IP and BS Ratings for Zone 2 in a bathroom. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Buying a replacement extractor fan. It falls into zone one with the room setup. Looking at two fans. One is rated zone 1 one is rated zone 2...
Replies
Views
My extractor fan has given up the ghost this week and I was hoping to replace it myself, however I cannot do a like for like swap as the current...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a property built in 1911. It has had asbestos artex applied to every ceiling in the house. I am currently creating a new...
Replies
Views
I’m currently upgrading my bathroom suite and was wanting to remove the old style pull chords style switches for the fan and light for a switch...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock