Discuss IR 35 in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

leep82

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all not posted in a while so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

just wondering how people are going to be affected by IR35. Im a sole trader and for the last financial year relied heavily on sub contracting to a single company for the majority of my work.

Im hearing a lot of different things about IR35, but from the company i have been subbing to they are telling me i will have to go PAYE if i want to carry on working for them. I have friends in other trades who have said this isnt necessarily true, and have been told this via their own accountants. The company in question have a lot of work coming off and im happy to carry on subbing to them im just not ready to go back to “ cards in “ employment.

Has anyone else found themselves in a similar position, or can offer any advice?

I'm in a similar situation at the minute, I would be interested to see how it works.

Hi all not posted in a while so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

just wondering how people are going to be affected by IR35. Im a sole trader and for the last financial year relied heavily on sub contracting to a single company for the majority of my work.

Im hearing a lot of different things about IR35, but from the company i have been subbing to they are telling me i will have to go PAYE if i want to carry on working for them. I have friends in other trades who have said this isnt necessarily true, and have been told this via their own accountants. The company in question have a lot of work coming off and im happy to carry on subbing to them im just not ready to go back to “ cards in “ employment.

Has anyone else found themselves in a similar position, or can offer any advice?
Just get a couple of other smaller type jobs coming in as well if you can, then technically you are not subbing to one contractor and effectively a company in it's own right.

Do you provide your own tools, insurance, vehicle etc? If you do then you should be outside the scope of IR35.

Reading up a bit on this it would appear the Company have most likely decided not to employ Sole trader contractors any more to avoid the risk of having to pay N.I and P.a.y.e if it's later found that the Sole trader was actually operating as an employee.

Just get a couple of other smaller type jobs coming in as well if you can, then technically you are not subbing to one contractor and effectively a company in it's own right.

Do you provide your own tools, insurance, vehicle etc? If you do then you should be outside the scope of IR35.
Yeah own tools, insurance, vehicle, cost for training etc etc

Reply to IR 35 in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net