Discuss Is an LED retro-fit viable on this bathroom cabinet? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 144194

Hi all,

I'm a newbie and not experienced so please bare with me. I can change a plug...

We have a ten year old bathroom cabinet that wasn't cheap and one of the bulbs has gone. We have contacted the manufacturer of the cabinet and they tell us the bulb (not made by them) is no longer made and so there's nothing they can do (apart from obviously making and offering a retro-fit package of course).

For obvious reasons we're reluctant to replace the whole cabinet for the sake of just one bulb.

My question - is it viable to retro-fit this cabinet to accept LED bulbs in the same positions as the current bulbs? i.e. in the white side housings.

current iteration of our cabinet - plateau-single-mirror-glass-door-cabinet
Discontinued bulb type - t2-15w 6400k 640mm long

any advise gratefully received.

Best wishes all

Paul

Hi all,

I'm a newbie and not experienced so please bare with me. I can change a plug...

We have a ten year old bathroom cabinet that wasn't cheap and one of the bulbs has gone. We have contacted the manufacturer of the cabinet and they tell us the bulb (not made by them) is no longer made and so there's nothing they can do (apart from obviously making and offering a retro-fit package of course).

For obvious reasons we're reluctant to replace the whole cabinet for the sake of just one bulb.

My question - is it viable to retro-fit this cabinet to accept LED bulbs in the same positions as the current bulbs? i.e. in the white side housings.

current iteration of our cabinet - plateau-single-mirror-glass-door-cabinet
Discontinued bulb type - t2-15w 6400k 640mm long

any advise gratefully received.

Best wishes all

Paul
Did you have any luck fixing the cabinet? I have the same problem of not being able to find the bulb

Reply to Is an LED retro-fit viable on this bathroom cabinet? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net