Discuss Is it always stressful! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry Buzz have to disagree with your response on this one, I never chose to put pressure on myself, needs must in many cases, not sure of your age or experiences, but believe me filling forms and going to Wholesalers, would have been a pleasure I longed for. Just thankful for a dutiful wife and family to help me , Stress youngsters today don'know the meaning of stress, I could elaborate but nobody seems interested , a sad reflection in my experience.
Go on elaborate Pete I'm interested, genuinely

That's just you making it stressful because of your character and the pressures you choose to put upon yourself. You don't have to be quick. I was sooooo slow to start with, I've speeded up, but I'm still slow. I get loads of work though because I do a thorough job. Has any customer actually complained about you being slow? Probably not, but you still choose to worry ?.

I used to sometimes pre-warn customers I would take a while. I didn't tell them I was slow, I just said I am 'meticulous' (good word) as It needs to be done properly, and that takes time.

It's one big race towards 'the end', so I don't intend to rush towards it. I'll move at my own pace and try and enjoy the moment ?
This makes me feel better! Thanks

Interesting considering Buzz hasn't posted on this thread.

That was Happyhippydad
Buzz is not part of this conversation yet
westward10 - beat me to it
I'm OK with being mistaken for Buzz. He seems full of character!?
In fact, he seems like one of the least stressed people on this forum, so he'd probably give a good reply?. As long as you could read it ??, sorry Buzz! ?

I would if she had not left me with my business partner who took all the assets and made me liable for all the depts and liabilities and cleaned out the bank account, have not seen the children since, they are now married with children themselves and I don't know who they are.

Oh and to add insult to injury my business partner was my financial director who had not paid any of our due VAT or Income tax for a number of years, (I trusted my brother) I became liable for that as well, obviously I declared bankruptcy and had to build another business from there without Directorship of the Company.

And you have the cheek to say we don't know what stress is?

Last edited:
Sorry Buzz have to disagree with your response on this one, I never chose to put pressure on myself, needs must in many cases, not sure of your age or experiences, but believe me filling forms and going to Wholesalers, would have been a pleasure I longed for. Just thankful for a dutiful wife and family to help me , Stress youngsters today don'know the meaning of stress, I could elaborate but nobody seems interested , a sad reflection in my experience.

I'm sure some younger people do get stressed Pete. Bit unfair that line. The older generation don't have a monopoly on stress.

No of course the older generation do not have the monopoly on stress, we now have everyone on TV telling us that the mental health issues in younger people is reaching an unprecedented level ? and they believe it.

Reply to Is it always stressful! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net