Discuss Is Part Pee fit for purpose / who is policing this scam ??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not the case, if apart of a cps scheme before September 21 your membership would be honered and not affected by the new change. Both for Napit and NIC, it’s on their website and also the lady told me on the phone if I had been in a cps previously I would of been ok.
From what I recall of the EAS document when I read it last year while those contractors who were already a member of a scheme would not be excluded if they were below the new entry standard they would be allowed time to reach the new entry standard without it affecting their membership.
So you are now saying that the CPS's have reneged on that part of the EAS agreement and are therefore must be running 2 levels of assessment which I doubt

From what I recall of the EAS document when I read it last year while those contractors who were already a member of a scheme would not be excluded if they were below the new entry standard they would be allowed time to reach the new entry standard without it affecting their membership.
So you are now saying that the CPS's have reneged on that part of the EAS agreement and are therefore must be running 2 levels of assessment which I doubt
My understanding is that @Sookme has it right - I joined in August last year based on an ancient apprenticeship, more recent 18th and 2391 exams, and spending a joyful day in Mansfield showing Napit how to do an EICR. I was the only one that passed that day.
I've been told that as long as I pay up, I'm ok, but if membership lapses I wouldn't get in again. All I've been asked to do in the meantime, like every other member, is have demonstrable CPD recorded ready for next assessment.

I'd add that it seems insane that I got in and @Sookme can't.

It really does beggars belief. A couple of years ago I got involved in a dispute of shocking work carried out by a NAPIT registered member only to be told on the side that these, for want of better words non qualified electricians are better under their eye than out there as rogue installers and yes that is what I was told. Unfortunately people like @Sookme who are clearly competent get the cold shoulder.
I guess maybe all the complaints about registered sparks doing poor work have caused the new changes to schemes and they
My understanding is that @Sookme has it right - I joined in August last year based on an ancient apprenticeship, more recent 18th and 2391 exams, and spending a joyful day in Mansfield showing Napit how to do an EICR. I was the only one that passed that day.
I've been told that as long as I pay up, I'm ok, but if membership lapses I wouldn't get in again. All I've been asked to do in the meantime, like every other member, is have demonstrable CPD recorded ready for next assessment.

I'd add that it seems insane that I got in and @Sookme can't.

This is what they told me on the phone, it’s really annoying because I actually enquired around July last year when I was thinking of going self employed. I should of done it sooner, but hindsight is a great thing! Left my last job late November and set the company up December ready to join a cps after being told in July I could and sent the application forms. Wasn’t aware of the up and coming changes unfortunately.

I haven’t tried NIC yet as they’ve never got back to me but I assume they’re going to be reading from the same check sheet of NVQ3’s.

It says a “craft qualification” which I do have but annoyingly just not on their list. I can’t bare the thought of the cost nor effort of going through portfolios/site assessments again, plus it’s going to be hard to complete when I can only carry out non notifiable work. I thought I was done with all that once and for all after 7/8 years. Plus the AM2E.

I can’t bare the thought of the cost nor effort of going through portfolios/site assessments again, plus it’s going to be hard to complete when I can only carry out non notifiable work. I thought I was done with all that once and for all after 7/8 years. Plus the AM2E.
One option while you are building your business is to try and get an agreement with someone doing 3rd party certification in your area. There are over 50 electricians listed as having TPC certification in Bristol, and you only need to come to an agreement with one and you can then take on notifiable work.

One option while you are building your business is to try and get an agreement with someone doing 3rd party certification in your area. There are over 50 electricians listed as having TPC certification in Bristol, and you only need to come to an agreement with one and you can then take on notifiable work.
Good idea, but I thought 3rd party verification wasn’t aloud? As in I do the install and a registered spark submits it to BC?

Good idea, but I thought 3rd party verification wasn’t aloud? As in I do the install and a registered spark submits it to BC?
Napit are only scheme to my knowledge that allow members to pay extra for ability to do 3rd party certification (TPC). I took the option and have only used it once. Napit look at every certificate done this way so it is vetted more, and there is more admin involved. I'll send you the info I have on it.

Napit are only scheme to my knowledge that allow members to pay extra for ability to do 3rd party certification (TPC). I took the option and have only used it once. Napit look at every certificate done this way so it is vetted more, and there is more admin involved. I'll send you the info I have on it.
Thanks @timhoward appreciate that.

Reply to Is Part Pee fit for purpose / who is policing this scam ??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net